Who all is included in the myLot population number (193,000+)?

I was wondering if that figure included everyone who ever signed on to myLot, or just the current active users? I wonder if the number actually decreases with people being booted off their account, or voluntarily leaving myLot. It's hard for me to believe that many people are writing on myLot today, but I suppose it's possible!! Anyone have an idea?
@dawnald (84129)
• Shingle Springs, California
I bet it's everybody, active or not! I've never seen the number go down, like at the beginning of this year when they got rid of a bunch of active accounts.
I hardly ever paid attention the number, but I've only seen it get higher and higher. I think you're right that it's everyone who has ever been on myLot . . . so what good is it to show this number? I've only started a few months ago, did they really get rid of a bunch of active accounts?
@dawnald (84129)
• Shingle Springs, California
Oops, typo. Inactive accounts!
Oh - hee hee. Well, I know one active myLotter who has disappeared recently, not sure what happened to him . . . but I thought maybe you meant people like him. Maybe there's a myLot blackhole . . .
@dpk262006 (52840)
Hi dear! I think it is the total number of users who have so far joined myLot and it probably does not reflect about those users who are no more active here, due to one reason or the other.
I was thinking the same thing . . . that it's probably the total of everyone who has come on to myLot, and that's about it. I wonder why those post this number? I guess it's to show how many people are on it and with how many people we can potentially interact with? Happy holidays to you dpk!
@dpk262006 (52840)
It would probably a bit difficult for them to deduct the number of inactive members. You may take it as S.No.
I certainly don't believe that there are that many active users on here. I think that the number continues to count a person as long as they have not completely deleted their account. I also don't believe that people delete their own account very often, I think instead that people will move on from mylot but that their account will still exist although nothing is done on that account. In one sense it would make a lot of sense to delete accounts and update the membership numbers on a regular basis, but in another that wouldn't be right to do to people that will eventually come back on.
I think if we actually had that many active users on myLot, all of us would have way more responses to our discussions . . . and certainly all the interest pages would be going in high traffic that they'd need to pass out speeding tickets - hee hee! I guess, then, that number is not really the "population" of myLot, rather it's all who have signed onto myLot.
@callarse1 (4796)
I believe you are correct. Most of them don't post. Most of them stopped posting, and I believe it includes all the inactive users (who were banned). Obviously the figure is a little misleading. Perhaps that's one suggestion we could suggest to change to Alice.
That's true - let's bring it to Alice! I've totally disregarded all "her" notices and haven't jumped into any of the myLot improvement discussions. So good idea! Well, I guess a population is a population, whether you are current here or not . . . once a myLotter, always a myLotter?!
@cream97 (29175)
Hi, much2say. I have always thought that it meant the total number of members here at myLot. And, if any members were deleted for being inactive, then this number would go down in the population range. But when a new user signs up with myLot, this number will once again increase as if it has never been decreased. This figuration is for all members that are active. I am thinking that myLot will delete some inactive members as time goes by. It may or may not be included in the population. There are probably members here now that are combined in the population that are inactive. I don't know when myLot starts to delete these members. If the population number goes down a bit then you may be able to tell that it went down because of the inactive members, that is my opinion of this theory.
I guess this is just a general, ballpark number, as Lamb is explaining. I've never seen it decrease, but then again, I'm really not paying attention to it - except that I see that it's increasing. So many theories about the mysteries of myLot!