New Years traditions?

Well, the new year is only in a couple of days and I never really do anything besides count down and sometimes drink but I am hearing different traditions that people do. For example, someone told me they eat 12 grapes for good heatlh. Also, make sure you have no dirty laundry and keep money in your pocket during the countdown..Do you have any New Year traditions and if so when did you start and what makes you do this each year? Happy Mylotting @flirtykumquat (twitter)
@leeloo (1494)
• Portugal
Though I don't follow all the traditions and then there are always new ones every year. Things like eating 12 raisins at midnight making a wish after each or one big wish after eating them all at once. Wearing something blue(preferably new) or some friends wear all white for luck. Using all new clothes for some while others never wear new shoes. Have a mini spring clean to start the year with everything organized and ready for a new year. Cut your hair to have a fresh start. Whatever the tradition though, it is basically meant to do the same, that is to have the best possible New Year and New Decade this year.
I never heard of wearing white thing..I did want to get a new outfit but I am not sure about the shoes...I am just ready for the new year and new decade!
@donsky14 (5963)
Oh we have lots of those here. lol. Here are a couple of things that I remember: One, if you want to be taller jump at midnight. Two, we collect 12 round fruits, I think thats to bring goodluck financially speaking. Three, wear clothes that have dots or round things on them to attract money. Thats what I could remember so far, but I know there are a lot of traditions here. Happy new year to you Flirtykumquat
Happy New Year to you too!!! follow me on twitter @flirtykumquat!
@bounce58 (17524)
When I was young, my mom used to have loose change in her pockets. And she would jingle them at midnight. It is supposed to give you more money in the new year. And I had an uncle who used to give crisp bills at new years. These would just be small bills, but new and crisp ones. I think he also thought that these would give him more money.