Is Luxury an Artists Foe?

"The greatest foe to art is luxury, art cannot live in its atmosphere." - William Morris Do you find this quote to be true or false or do you think that art can live in any atmosphere, be it luxurious or cheap?
@calai618 (1781)
I believe art is art regardless of where you put it. Art is not and should not be limited to anything. ANyone can make art out of anything he or she desires. There's no limitation and there is no need for explanation. For me, anything is capable and has the potential of being considered art.
All these sayings by great men of yester years need a second look. My second look tells me that there is no hard and fast rule that luxury and art do not go together No doubt rich people collect pieces of art as a status symbol. Anyway why not. Rather than rot at the artist's poor home it gets a place on the mantle of a rich man!!