Did you reconnect with someone on Facebook you didn't want to reconnect with?

I dropped a childhood friend over 15 years ago because she and her problems drove me nuts. We were best friends up until our mid 20's but I just couldn't handle the madness anymore. Once she was out of my life, I'd have to say it was a load off my shoulders and I never regretted it. Well, middle of last year she found me on Facebook and made the friend request. I debated for a month or so whether to add her or not. And then I did. Seeing her status reports, I see she is all grown up now but with a different set of problems. Thankfully she doesn't bug me with them and knows not to dump her problems on me like she used to. It's nice to have reconnected with her in some ways, but if she had not requested the add, I probably would not have reached out to her. Do you have Facebook friends you didn't want to reconnect with? Whether you did or did not add them, do you regret it or are you glad you were reunited?
no.i usually get the people who hate someone else i know,and come to my sites to try to ask questions that aren't their business and/or see if they're there. and when i don't "friend" them,they hate me by proxy. fun for everyone.
Boy, some folks use Facebook as a way to snoop through other people's lives, eh? When they say social networking site, they mean good or bad - hee hee! Well, hopefully they don't hate you for you not adding them in . . . it's your right to not add hateful people!
exactly.you wonder why they put so much energy into that. no life or something..
@squaretile (3833)
nope, I didn't but I have a number of acquaintances on Facebook that I don't actively contact. one of them contacted me recently, but I didn't engage her after the first few emails because she suddenly asked me for my phone number and said it was faster to chat than to email! I decided that it would be too strange to talk to someone whom I hadn't talked to in 13 years and wasn't very close to in the first place.
I have a bunch of friends on Facebook I don't contact either. I've made comments on their stuff, but they have never really responded much - so now they're just faces on my list. I love the whole social networking thing online, but I like it there - ONLINE. Online contact is very convenient for me as I don't have a lot of time (chunks of it at one time anyway) - I don't care much to do the friend thing over the phone - or get together with any of these friends/acquaintances I have reconnected with. I just wanted to say hi and what's up - that's all!
Just one person. She was a friend of mine that I met in my late teens and we remained pretty good friends until just after my son was born in 2006. Then, she dropped out of my life. I knew that she'd gotten in some trouble for prescription pills and I figured that was the end of our relationship as well. It was about six months ago that I got a friend request from her on facebook and I debated about it for a while before I decided to accept. We've corresponded on there a few times and it seems like she is growing up and making the right decisions in her life now, but that still is not enough for me to want to rekindle the relationship that we used to have.
Pretty strange the different roads friends can take - even if we were on the same road at some point! Prescription pills - eek - I hope your friend got off the stuff. I admit corresponding with my found-again friend has been nice, but certainly I don't think we can have the relationship we had before. She's grown up in some aspects, but in other way she's still very much the problematic gal she was before (even she will say so).
@Ford666UK (103)
My ex ex from 7yrs ago found me on Facebook last year. I kind of wish he hadn't found me because it was a very painful time in my life but now I feel nothing about him or our past. There are just some people you like having erased from our memories and he is one of mine.
Ah, the ex! That happened with a friend of mine - but it was her ex-husband. I think they were very close at one time, but had a sour divorce. Poor thing reconnected with him, only for him to torture her with his news of how he found some other wife and now has a growing family (my friend has had problems conceiving). I don't think she hears from him much on Facebook, but still, I think she would have rather not heard from him. Like you were saying . . .some memories are better left erased.
i don't add people i don't know, or people i have deleted who are sending another friend request, OR people i don't like, so if i don't wanna reconnect with someone i ignore them or block them. Thats just my way of going about it.
I normally don't add people I don't know, but with people I "did" know, I guess I've taken chances. Some of the people it's been cool to be updated with their current news and lives . . . others just haven't changed one bit (and I don't mean that in a good way). I suppose I could delete them, but I haven't done that with anyone yet.