Greatest Guitar Legends!

Australia
Who is the greatest guitar legend? I'm putting this down to skill and talent, not just a guitarist but someone who has established themselves as a great guitarist. People like Jimmy Hendrix, Jimmy Page, Matt Heafy, Herman Li, Brian May etc. Who's your guitar god?
@veromar (1457)
• Argentina
It depends...if you're talking about creativity, feeling and innovation you have to go back to the early 70's and name a person like "Ritchie Blackmore"?! Soul and master of not only one of the best bands of hard rock of all times called Deep Purple but also a BIG influence on the coming years of rock...not to forget the good band that has been Rainbow...after he left DP. Well...of course if you're into ROCK..you cannot miss Jimmy Page and his tremendous skill, feeding on the Zeppelin years. If you go to the bluesy side there are legends like Mr. BB King, Muddy Waters, Eric Clapton, Jeff Beck and so on. In the 80's you cannot forget, by all means, the great and only Eddie Van Halen..and later and currents of Joe Satriani and Steve Vai. Whom to nowadays still go on on concerts and improve themselves year after year. When it comes to guitarist it's certainly unfair, cus there are always people we don't mention who are as good. Here is a list of the important ones I consider mostly necessary for any beginner..: ): Jimmy Page (LZ, Coverdale-Page) Ritchie Blackmore (DP, Rainbow, and other projects) Brian May (Queen) Eddie Van Halen (Van Halen) Randy Rhoads (Ozzy O) John Sykes (Whitesnake) Tommy Iommi (Black Sabbath) BB King Eric Clapton Jeff Beck Glenn Tippton (Judas Priest) Steve Ray Vaughan Joe Satriani (DP, Alice Cooper, Solo Career) Steve Vai (Frank Zappa's, Whitesnake, Solo C) Chuck Berry Dimebag Darrel (Pantera) Yngwie Malmsteen (The early years of his carreer, after that just continuing repeating himself) Carlos Santana (Solo Career) Frank Zappa (You cant discuss his talent!) Jack Wylde (During Ozzy's time..it was delicious to hear him!) Pete Townsend (The Who...another pioneer) Angus Young (AC/DC) Robert Fripp (Solo) Larry Carlton (Solo, Fourplay) You see? It's hard to make a fair comment...regards
Of that list I think you missed just one other. Jeff Waters of Annihilator... That man can shred like I have never seen, then he comes out a few years ago to play on the Roadrunner United 25th Anniversary album and pulls out one of the best shred solo's I have ever heard! If you haven't heard it, 'The Dagger' by Roadrunner United, feats. Killswitch Engage singer Howard Jones, Machine Head singer/guitarist (also should be on the list) Rob Flynn, Still Remains guitarist Jordan Whelan, Andols Herrick from Chimaira and Christian Olde Wolbers from Fear Factory. On another note, Throughout the last 25-30 years Roadrunner Records DEFINITELY has the largest base of guitar legends on their label. Just have a search through their artists and there are so many influential bands like King Diamond/Mercyful Fate, Sliknot, Sepultura, Mudvayne etc...
@veromar (1457)
• Argentina
You see? That's what I am talking about!! It's impossible to put all the good ones in one list! Yes, I am aware of the ones you said. Although they are more towards the "metal" genre. There's an immensity, a sea of talented guitarists. I've just mentioned the ones that created a path for the other ones to come. If you dig into Metal and its own world you will find the "power metal" (angra, gamma ray, blind guardian, angel dust, savatage) and "progressive metal" (dream theater, vision divine, early rhapsody, symphony x) bands who have more than talented guitarists. In these days, it's hard to distinguish with all the commercial "money making" factor out there. I cant help but get nostalgic with the early works of all these bands. ; ) Regards
ha ha, too true dude. The first two guitarists that actually made me want to start playing guitar about 7 years ago was Herman-li from Dragonforce and Jordan Whelan from Still Remains... both of which I managed to meet in person after gigs the played, both where awsome dudes and really appreciated the fact that they were my inspiration. I say any man that can play great guitar and appreciates fans as much as they did, to me they are my guitar legends!