Do you feel more mature than those around you?

Have you ever been in a situation where you feel that you have surpassed a lot of others your age, maturity wise? Lately, I haven't been hanging out with a lot of people, because I feel they are still in a high school/middle school stage. Where I live your more popular if you dress as bare as possible and drink. I don't dress like a man, but I also don't walk around with mini skirts. I also don't believe it to be cool to drink all the time. I rather spend my money on food, or save it up for something else. So have you ever felt like you were mature than the people around you? Whether it be friends or family? What are your stories?
@megamatt (14332)
In some ways I do feel more mature. In other ways, I feel that I'm about at the level I should be. I do know when I was in High School, I felt more mature than some of the people around me. These days, as I get older, I'm more caught up to those who are closer to me, around my peer group. I guess it could be that I'm far more selective with who I bother to talk to these days.
That is why I am probably not very social anymore. I choose my friends wisely, and I don't want to bother with a lot of people because of the choices they make everyday. I think I might have 3 close friends, and a handful of other friends, that meet my requirements for friendship.
@danitykane (3192)
Hi wickedlove, In some point I felt that because of the responsibilities I have I became mature. I sometimes feel 20 years older than my age but still I know how to have fun and act like a kid. Like you, I really don't enjoy spending on unimportant things like drinking, partying and other vices.I always think of my family and the help that I can give to them.
@Genericbe (1378)
Sometimes,I do not feel mature than those around me. I just feel that there are situations or conversations that needs a mature approach especially when the persons or relatives older than you are confident enough in seeking my suggestions. I am well adjusted to different kind of personalities. I do accept that everyone has their own ways and perceptions in life. I am more of a listener and less talk kind of person.