Is the new year feeling any newer to you?

It's now the 3rd day of the new year. Ever since January 1st hit, there was something in the air that made time seem brand new. Why is that? For us, nothing "new" has really happened . . . we're still continuing on what we always do in our daily lives . . . we still live in the same place . . . we jump into Monday tomorrow as we do every week. The only thing truly different is the new 2010 calendar that replaced the 2009 one in the kitchen - ha ha. So what is it about the new year that makes it "feel" new?
Nope, infact it doesn't feel any different at all! What a rip off!
Ha ha! Welll, give the new year a chance, we've only gone into it 3 days - not even a dent yet! It may not feel different yet, but who knows what is to come the rest of the year! Happy new year to you!
it's been 3 days still i feel lot of new things happening in this year
Well hear's to keeping hope alive.
For me the only reason that this year has actually felt new to me was because of the fact that it was on the first day of the year that I my dear friend passed away. To be completely honest, to date, everything about this year has felt surreal to me. I hope that there will be a time in the very near future in 2010 that will just feel normal to me again. I really hate feeling the way that I have in this year to date.
I can understand that, dorannmwin. I lost a couple people I knew last year - a friend and my boss - and though I was not extremely close to them, I was sort of in a daze for a long while, knowing that they were gone. The holidays are supposed to a time of happiness and all that stuff - then new years eve kind of tops it off - but of all days, new year's day is when your friend passed away. It's never easy losing the people we love on any date . . . but in time, the heart will heal. More hugs out your way for 2010!!
@squaretile (3833)
well I hardly felt the new year until I had to write a different year when filling up forms and put up a new calendar on my kitchen wall. same as you! I didn't even really mark the midnight countdown. The only reason I knew it had become 2010 was when there were people shouting outside my window. I was doing some household chores then. what a way to usher in the new year!
@chriszh22 (433)
Yes, not much new for the new year in my view as well. Just we're getting one year older my friend. Time flies, let's cherish everyday we have.
We may be one year older, but that doesn't have to be a bad thing. We lost one more year of our youth, but we gained one more year of experience and wisdom (ok, well for sure the experience, hee hee). Time does fly and before you know it it will be another new year again. Hope something good happens for you this year!
@zandi458 (27952)
I don't feel any changes at all except probably on new year eve where everyone welcome the new year with much euphoria but everything comes back to normal the next day.
Most of us do celebrate New Year's eve, and it seems there's more of a celebration for the end of the previous year rather than the new. But we do get a kickoff with parades and such for the new year . . . maybe not as exciting as the new year's eve festivities. Well, hopefully new things will come throughout the year and we'll feel differently about it!
@onida143 (118)
hello firts of all wish u happy new year comming to your topic i really feel that this my frsh and peacefull new year in the old year i hyave faced many hestics so i think this new year will give me some good hope on things and bring be colours in my life so i feel this is really a new year for my life.. and i am planning new things on this new year
I wish you a happy new year as well! A new year is a good time to wash off all the negative things from previous times and to start a new. It's a great starting point anyway, as they say, the first day of the rest of your life starts right now. Hope you reach all your goals for 2010!
Yes ,I am in the new year very happy
I'm glad your happy in this new year. Hopefully many more happy times are coming to you in 2010 . . . and for all of us too!
@vickycity (155)
I agree your opinion. But I think the new is just on our mind. In the new year, we can change or make our new plan. and make a new mind and so on. Just resort your attitude.
Exactly - it is all attitude. We can choose to see the new year as the perfect excuse to start anew or not. If anything, hopefully people will see it as a push to better their lives - even if the newness of a year is just in our minds.
well, for me it really is a new year, I found out on the second of January that I'm 5 weeks pregnant with my first baby, after the docs told me I'd never have kids, So for me.....This IS a new year all the way around. P.S. the new year resolutions help too
Yay and congratulations! That is the best news! Just before getting to today's myLot discussions, my friend messaged me on Facebook to tell me she was now 7 weeks pregnant and I know she and her hubby were having a hard time conceiving - going on 5 years now. So, what a great morning for baby news!!! You take care of yourself for your wee one . . . the next 9 months are going to be an awesome journey! Happy new year to you and your growing family!
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
Nothing yet, but I am hoping that some things will change in a major way.
Yep, let's hope some major changes happen this year - particularly for our country! Something must be cooking for 2010 - it must be - it's brewing just as we speak . . . the temps not high enough that we can smell it just yet - ha ha.
@bingchen (1126)
i think that the new year is coming,i would be old one-year-old,every thing still happened around me,i dont care about this,i care my age,i find that i am afraid of my older than before.but i still fulfill what i want,i feel regret why the time pass quickly but i dont finish a thing,i find that it is very sad for me to waste many time.
We only move forward . . . see age as a good thing! Take every step that you take now with no regrets . . . it's all a process to get to the future. Sure I don't feel as youthful as I did, say 20 years ago, but also I do feel much wiser than those youthful years. Don't think of anything you do as a waste of time . . . it's all part of life.
@JDLofton (52)
Well it is a new year and we do have to get use to writing the new year down correctly. But it is just another day as time goes by. To me the only new things that happens with it being the new year is: Seasons for different sports start new. Such as Nascar, Football, Baseball, etc. Everybody has there favorite picks but we get to start a new season to see how they will do and perform for the new year.
Well hey, if the sports season is starting - that's something, isn't it? It's something sports people look forward to so that should be exciting. It's only day 3 of 2010, so we really do have to give it a chance. Hopefully something exciting as a good game will happen to you this year!
I does feel new to me. A brand new year with brand new opportunities!
Glad the new year actually feels new for you - now that's a postive attitude! Hope the brand new year brings you plenty of new opportunities! Keep that newness feeling with you always!
@ishprash (47)
there is no difference in the time-drops in an oceanic sense..we make a difference by pouring that time-drops in a plant-pot or garbage-pot,,we made the calculation and division of time-span for our convenience and opportunistic achievements..so there would be the new happenings if we try to expertise our daily as well as time bound aims and ambitions..
The difference sure isn't as great or dramatic as we'd like it to be, but we are in a new year, so we might as well make the best of it! We just need to keep moving forward and try to do our best in everything we do . . . and hopefully we reach our goals!
I dint feel anything newer .It is same as everyday and routine sunrise.HUMEN LIFE has timespan in only one direction it has no reverse mode..and when we have certain of timespan for our life..then every moment is new for us..
@max1950 (2313)
well i live in florida and this is the time when the air is crisp and cool at least for 2 more months and then the heat starts up again, so its sort of an cool clean feeling outside this time of year
That is true! We are in California and the air is rather cool for us (compared to our hot, dry summers - bleh). We should enjoy the coolness of our "winter" while we can - it's probably going to be another hot one this year!
i am totally agree with u. there had been nothing change everythings are as ussual as. it was a custom made by human to just bring some joy to boaring life. it was just date chaged only in calender. but not in real life. i think one more year had been reduced fromour lives
Wait, it doesn't feel quite new in a spectacular way - but I didn't say it was boring! Life is what we make it to be . . . so if nothing new has come our way, we have to take action to go towards it. Otherwise, yep, tomorrow is the 4th - just another day in January, but in the new year. We have one year less, but we have gained one more year of experience!
@danitykane (3192)
hi much! After the new year celebration it seems that nothing really new happens to me. hehe! The same old thing, although having 5 day vacation from work is the greatest thing ever, (hahaha) still I do the same thing. As you say, it is another number from your calendar. Well, I just wish that this year we'll have more hapiness and success in life. Happy Lotting!
Oh, glad at least you got to have some vacation time! I'm a full time mom so I could never have 5 days off - ha ha. Maybe nothing new has happened yet, but perhaps it will as the days go by in 2010. Hope something great happens for you this year!
@DCLehnsherr (1042)
Hi Much2say, I think for me the new year feels so new because for me it is like a fresh start. When everything reverts to all the 1's again after a day of utter freedom to say goodbye to the previous year I tend to feel free. It is strange since, as you said, things don't actually change, but it really does feel like everything from the previous year is the past and stops mattering, and only this year matters. I guess some of it is a wish to forget negative events from previous years, but it is still quite interesting of itself lol. I can safely say that it isn't the calenders for me though, I still have to get one so in my room it is still December 09 lol! All the best and I hope you have a great 2010, Dranz
Ha ha - yes, it's only a number change, but it could be wishful thinking that everything is new! In any case, it's a good reason to get rid of the negative stuff and do something about things when we didn't do them in the previous year. I hope the new year is good to you and that your new found freedom helps you to find that perfect new calendar - ha ha!
@cutepenguin (6457)
I don't know. It just feels like it is a fresh start. I feel more able to tackle things. I guess it's just a mental thing as opposed to anything real.
Yah, it must be some mental trick - the change of years makes us think everything is new perhaps. Even though I haven't done much, I guess it did feel like a fresh start initially and I have been motivated to do more things (tackle them, like you said).