To all Americans reading this topic

@spalladino (17924)
How many of you thought that p.e. stood for Physical Education and thought that there would be mandatory jumping jacks and running of laps after each discussion? I only recently learned what p.e. stood for and I was simply amazed!
@dragon54u (31635)
Okay, I'll bite because it's 10:30 PM on Sunday and I have no idea what P.E. could possibly stand for besides Physical Education--which, to me, means keeping your body in good shape and managing your nutritional needs. What does P.E. stand for in your educational system?
@spalladino (17924)
No, not my educational system dragon! According to the rabbit in another discussion in this topic p.e. has something to do with private investigators...although that would be p.i....I think. (okay, we had company and I've had a few) Anyway, I thought it was fascinating that p.e. means something else on the other side of the big pond.
@dragon54u (31635)
Hey, nothing is as it used to be. It's appalling that we accept that as we accept a change in menu at our favorite restaurant. That appalling. We NEED to teach our children about privacy--hard, when everything visual, communicable or artistic has sneaked in to tell them that absolute openness is the ideal way to show yourself in business and your personal life. As parents, we have to inspire this next generation of revolutionaries. We are weak on body but strong in spirit while they are strong in both!!
It's the Blue Rabbit's own discussion thread, and PE stands for Private Eye, a British satirical magazine. As far as I know it has nothing to do with private investigators. It is designed for satire and humour, and the occasional serious subject. Lash
@Opal26 (17690)
Hey spalladino! Thanks for helping set the record sort of straight! I knew it wasn't what I thought it was! And I knew it had something to do with the blue rabbit and her friend, Thea who I love too! But, I didn't want to seem stupid and kept responding in that category like I knew what they were talking about! What an idiot I am! Should have been in the idiot category! Glad it's all cleared up now, sort of? But, I must admit that all I kept thinking was what does this have to do with "Phys Ed"? Duh? Opal, you are
@thea09 (18327)
• Greece
Do you know someone came along who didn't know what it stood for and put a boring discussion into it, I had to go and tell them it really wasn't the place, there's plenty of other interests here to be boring in after all. I must say I'm missing the rabbit today, she isn't even lurking on pm as she was last night.
@jb78000 (15173)
i had to pm because somebody was scared of email. and i was not lurking.
@ZephyrSun (7385)
You must have missed the first discussion made by the rabbit here.
@spalladino (17924)
Yep, Zeph...I definitely did. That's why I spent so much time confused.
@khayshenz (1387)
This is a very interesting discussion - well, interesting in a funny sort of way. P.E. does stand for physical education. Did you know that it also stands for PROFESSIONAL ENGINEER? Yeap! Licensed engineers have P.E. after their names. And I'm actually studying to take my P.E. - yes, professional engineering license. Anyways, just thought I'd drop my two cents.
@SomeCowgirl (32266)
Well I didn't think that's what the interest category starter meant by that, lol, but I did think PE as Physical Education. hmm, no mandatory jumping jacks of which I am glad as I'd surely be asked questions about it!