has anyone tried an oxygen bar?

i have an oxygen bar that has opened near me and i have wondered if its really worth the cost. you see i have really bad asthma so the idea of getting pure oxygen sounds pretty good to me BUT i looked and they (upon request but its popular) add in scents and stuff to it and well im allergic to EVERYTHING there is! i mean i cannot tolerate some one in the same room with perfume!! so im thinking that if i tried that it would be horrible on my asthma.. but im wondering if just the regular oxygen would be beneficial in any way to my lungs and breathing? anyone tried it for asthma? or tried it at all? would it help lung function you think? and if you tried it with scents what was that like?!!? i cant imagine lol
@kprofgames (3025)
I've never heard of it but it seems like a fab thing really. If it actually helps people then that's great, but I don't see it anymore different than the new wave of colon cleansing. If I'm wrong then that would be wonderful, but it seems like the newest 'latest and greatest' idea to make people think they are getting healthier. I would wonder if it would be better than a really good aircleaning that you put in your own home. ???
youd never be able to get your home air quality as the oxygen bar though since there would always be dust or something in the air.. i thought it was a fad thing too but it started up years ago and the one in my mall has been open for years
@p1kef1sh (45647)
I have asthma too and think that this sounds like something that I would want a medical opinion on before trying it. I find these things all a bit gimmicky as they are there to give you a "high" not for medical purposes. Tread warily and keep safe.
i remember it being mentioned on a doctor show but cant for the life of me remember what they said lol
@katsmeow1213 (28711)
Yeah we did it a few years ago at the fair, with the scents and all. We seemed to love it that day, we kept going back, paying $5 for 5 minutes. It seemed to give us a bit of a natural high, or maybe it was all just psychological. Today I wouldn't waste my money.
i think it does give you a natural high just because heck we definitely dont get pure oxygen any other way
I have never tried anything like that. How do you get the oxygen into your body? Do you wear a mask, or get those things up your nose, or do you sit in a room and just breathe it in? I think I'd just want it plan. I have no interest in flavoured oxygen. LOL
its a nose hose/mask thing.. kind of like those ones in the hospitals and you can get massages or other stuff while you inhale it