Is it normal for someone to only start discussion and never respond?

@Trensue (5253)
Again still learning the ins and outs. Are there many who only begin discussions and never go back to them and make any responses?
@Canellita (12058)
Yup. Some people seem focused on seeing the number next to their name grow. They don't seem to understand the purpose or function of a discussion and just what makes it a discussion.
@boogerman (1548)
You are right! Maybe they are only focused on increasing the number on their usernames. Yes, the function of discussion is exchanging of opinions and views and interaction will take place. Imagine a dry topic, it has only a post by the discussion and some responses but no comments, how is the subject being discussed? Then it is just called a thread, not a discussion, right. The way to make users post comments is to guide them and tell that it can also help to earn.
@boogerman (1548)
My comment was posted twice, sorry for that...
@Trensue (5253)
I hate to think that I have to talk to myself here and at home too.
@Polly1 (12648)
I have noticed that a few people do that, I tend to stay away from them. you don't have to respond to every comment, but you should at least respond to a few of them. I always go back and respond to people who take the time to respond to me. I love your little penguin, he is cute.
@Trensue (5253)
I have been trying for a little variety, but Maxine always comes back in the end.
@Polly1 (12648)
Ya gotta love our girl...
@donsky14 (5963)
Well I guess there are some myLotters who do that. BUt for me, I make sure that I go back to my discussions to answer those who have responded.
@Trensue (5253)
I too thought the whole thing was dialogue, but lately I have seen a different trend.
@donsky14 (5963)
What kind of trend would that be?
@coldmoon (1092)
• France
I see many such people on mylot. It's like in the real life where we can find someones who just want to shout out what they think but never care about what the others think. But I think everyone has some reason to do it, and there're nothing right or wrong here. It's like in a road that you can't ask the other to drive their cars at the same speed with the yours.
@Trensue (5253)
Okay _ I will drive my car with people who like to have conversations. I am making a list. That way I will not feel like I am being ignored. I want to thank you for taking the time to answer this post, even if you had to adjust your speed!
@Java09 (3085)
I like to check my discussions to answer some of the people who responded.I noticed when I respond alot of people here,I don't get anything back.It makes me wonder if they read my response.I like to say something.
@Trensue (5253)
Yes, I like to feel like what I say has value as well. Good luck.
@Sandra1952 (6052)
• Spain
Hello, Trensue. No, it's not normal, but it's becoming increasingly common on here. I call them 'serial discussion starters,' and when I identify one, I avoid them like the plague. It arises from the misconception that you earn for starting discussions. Those of us who have read the guidelines know this simply is not the case, but try telling that to the ones with dollar signs in their eyes! I have tried, but I don't bother any longer. My time on MyLot is precious to me, and I want to spend it in discussions. A response without a comment from the discussion starter is a monologue, and I don't like talking to myself. People think I'm mad enough as it is.
@Trensue (5253)
I am big on letting people know that they have been heard, even if there is no agreement, but I find that often I am not just dancing to the beat of a different drummer ~ I am in a whole new band.
@boogerman (1548)
Hello there! Well, it is only normal for new users as they are trying to explore the site. But once they learned that they can also earn from posting comments they will try to do it and make it as a habit when they proved that it really helps to earn. But there are others who keep on posting lots of dry discussions a day and probably end up from quitting when they realized that they didn't earned well from that kind of activity unless there are others to help them out and teach how to earn well from here including posting comments. When they don't accept any advice from other users, maybe they don't have the right to complain when something wrong happened or if they only earned less because of what they are doing such as posting one-liners. When you noticed someone who keeps on posting discussions but never replied on the responses received, try to help them out and tell that they can also earn from posting comments and remind them that participation earnings depends on quality. There are users who just post short responses/discussions/comments as they know that there is a fixed amount per post here, try to explain them about some rules. Have a nice day!
@Trensue (5253)
I guess I just think it is very polite to let someone know they have been heard, no matter the pay
For me personally, it just depends on what the topic that I started was, and what the responses were. I do go back and check the discussions that I started and see if I can say something like worthwhile and not just short back to their response. I really try hard to make my posts with effort. And there are also times that I forget that I even started one and forget to go and respond. So yes I think it happens maybe not a lot, but some.
@Trensue (5253)
Most of them I noticed were just a few people, it made me sad because I thought they were asking a question.
Hi, Sue! I think it's quite normal for someone to only start a discussion and never comment back on the responses s/he receives. They have their own reasons, but the discussions are pointless if there are no interactions. I have encountered tons of discussions being unattended by the posters in the past and I am sure there will be more in future. Whatever their reasons are, I hope those who do not know that they will only earn by commenting back on the responses they receive will start making responses.
@Trensue (5253)
I am sure you are right. I noticed a high number where people ask a question. It seems silly to ask.
@Allie_xoxo (1064)
starting discussions is fun, but that's only the half of it. share your opinions and tell what you know to others.
@Trensue (5253)
I guess there is a difference between a lecture and a discussion.
@tonyllenium (6266)
i thnk it depends from discussion..in some cases you can answer to some posts and read other view or in other cases answer to everyone..naturally is a personal choice but i guess it depends from topic mainly than people here on mylot..
@Trensue (5253)
Thank you for taking the time to respond. I has noticed a large number of the top discussions never had the originator reply.
I would not say it was normal. Most people go back to their post sometime or another. I have not seen any posts where they just did not respond to anyone. I have been here a long time. I may have missed it though who knows. But if it happens life will go on.
@Trensue (5253)
It has really only been a couple people and they would be in the top discussions and never had replied. It seems odd. Thanks for taking the time.
I havent been on mylot much lately as I have been expanding my earning sites and I have started discussions that I havent got back to, however I know that days that I get down time I will get back to them and responde to them... it will give me a good snow day project!!! I know of alot of mylotters that do start discussions and not go back to responde to them...however it is only affecting their earnings...so I guess it is all about how much time you have to invest and how much you want to earn. so I guess it is really in all their perspective of what they want to get out of mylot. Happy mylotting.
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
I see people who do that and eventually, unless they're really interesting, you will find me avoiding there discussions. It's the give and take on here that makes the site interesting for me.