philippine holidays and long weekend.... mark it all up

i saw this at yahoo and this can help us plan on trips and vacations or help us know when can we rest and have a break. i marked my calendar already so i wint get lost and it will set as a reminder. January 1 (Fri) - New Year's Day (five-day long weekend from December 30 to January 3)February 22 (Mon) - EDSA Revolution Anniversary April 1 (Thu) - Holy ThursdayApril 2 (Fri) - Good Friday (four-day long weekend from April 1 to 4)April 9 (Fri) - Araw ng Kagitingan (three-day long weekend from April 9 to 11)May 1 (Sat) - Labor DayJune 14 (Mon) - Independence Day (three-day long weekend from June 12 to 14)August 23 (Mon) - Ninoy Aquino Day (three-day long weekend from August 21 to 23)August 30 (Mon) - National Heroes Day (three-day long weekend from August 28 to 30)September - Eid'l Fitr (to be announced, calculated September 10, possible three-day long weekend from September 10 to 12)November 1 (Mon) - All Saints Day (three-day long weekend from October 30 to November 1)November - Eid 'l Adha (to be announced, calculated November 16)November 29 (Mon) - Bonifacio Day (three-day long weekend from November 27 to 29)December 24 (Fri) - Non-Working HolidayDecember 25 (Sat) - ChristmasDecember 27 (Mon) - Rizal Day (four-day long weekend from December 24 to 27)December 31 (Fri) - Non-Working HolidayJanuary 1 - (Sat) New Year's Day (three-day long weekend from December 31 to January 2) Happy Holidays
@rsa101 (13336)
Is this official already? Well I hope the Eid'l Adha would be National Holiday already as last year that holiday was reverted back to Regional Holiday only meaning that applies only to ARMM region only.
@rsa101 (13336)
I read from the original proclamation that Feb 22 applies only to schools so we regular workers is not included in this holiday. Eidl Adha is regional holiday which will affect only the ARMM region.
i am sure the president will make a few changes but some of those days are permanent already like holy week and christmas holidays. april has a lot of holiday it sounds like pools and beaches will be full har har har. thanks a lot for the response and i hope it helps you to plan earlier.
@rsa101 (13336)
Well the regular holidays are already fixed as mandated by law. Only those holidays like the EDSA anniversary and the muslim holidays seem to be vague as of this moment. I just hope that the long weekend practiced by GMA would be retained by the incoming new president comes 2010 and in his term. I think moving holidays is advantageous to many as they enjoy longer holidays than celebrating them on the day it falls.
• Boston, Massachusetts
you are very efficient. thanks for sharing this to us --filipino mylotters. now i already noted these dates and excited to go on vacation again. honestly, i am still having the vacation syndrome. imagine, i had almost two weeks vacation in bikol during the christmas break. it was such a wonderful one with thye family.
i know for sure that some of the dates are still temporary for the president will soon move a few but there are dates that can never be pushed like holy week and chrsitmas as well. thanks a lot for the response and i am happy that i helped a few to schedule ahead their vacations and schedule their bonding with families and friends.
• Boston, Massachusetts
so, let's wait and see for the final one. i already made a schedule for the summer. we will be going to bikol for the holyweek break. we have the "pieta" image for the Holy Friday procession. i am so excited to be there this early!
Thank you so much for posting this list. I was smiling, though, while I read through it because I am still enjoying my vacation leave and I am now again looking at the days in 2010 when I will be able to enjoy more holidays. Can't seem to get enough of days when I can leisurely work at home, doing household chores, tending the garden, doing crafts, and a little computer work.
we all love long holidays, because if it is only for a day then all we can do with that is to wash clothes or clean the house... but on long holidays we have time to bond with families, relatives and friends. we can go outing, or swimming or even staying at home barbeque party and playing games with love ones or friends. thanks a lot for the response
@eichs1 (1934)
With most of the holidays falling at the beginning or at the end of the weekdays, looks like we don't need GMA's holiday of economics this year. That will just mean there will no longer be confusion whether a holiday celebration will be moved or not. Ooops... Rizal day is December 30 not 27 and it's a Thursday. But though Dec. 31 is Friday, it is usually declared as non-working holiday as it is sandwiched between Rizal day and New Years day.
• Boston, Massachusetts
hi eichs, this maybe the declared one as of the moment, but who knows what will be the sentiment and style of the new president for those holidays on the third and fourth quarters. let's wait and see and hope for a not confusing one--especially now that everything is establised and scheduled--i just hope there will be no more pulling out of the dates that were already declared....LOL.
@mensab (4208)
thanks for this list. it is good to plan ahead for vacations and other activities outside of work. family activities must be scheduled ahead so that those can be prioritized in the line of activities. as a worker, i like the idea of having long weekends. it provides precious time and chance for families to get together and spend quality time together. your list helps me plan for this year. thanks.
yes thats the purpose of me sharing it with my mylot family. its about planning ahead the things you want to do with your family, relatives or friends. you can also schedule ahead a cool date with your love ones. thanks a lot for the response and i am so happy that my discussion help.
Hi there se7enthbird! As early as July 2009, PGMA Proclamation 1841 declaring a list of 10 regular holidays, four special non-working holidays and a special holiday for 2010. Under Republic Act 9492, holidays are moved to the nearest Monday unless otherwise modified by law, order, or proclamation. This, however, does not include holidays that are religious in nature. This is definitely good especially for our tourism industry and the economy as a whole. I am so excited about all the long weekends this year! I can travel every now and then! Yipee!
@Fulltank (2896)
Really longer holidays. But most of us who are working in companies do come to work on Saturdays, so the long holidays doesn't matter. This only applies to those people who don't have to come to work on Saturdays like the government workers or those on offices. Maybe my company will offset some of these holidays like if the the holiday will fall on Friday, then they will be offsetting on Saturday. That way, we have two days vacation.
planning helps a lot as long as ur not feeling imprisoned by it. as long as ur happy with what ur doing go for it.
@anyabee (363)
thanks for the info. this is so helpful. :) Manigong Bagong taon sa lahat (Happy New Year to everyone).
@danitykane (3192)
Hi se7enthbird, Great!!! This is very helpful! I actually booked mark it already (this page) to be my guideline for holiday in Phil.! Oh I can't wait for another long vacation. haha! Thanks bro!
@JenInTN (27565)
I am all about the long weekends and holidays..lol..I get a printout from work that I refer to for my time off. I keep it very close.
@raynejasper (2326)
..nice.. Good for you.. at least you can plan ahead if you wish to go somewhere on your vacation.. sad thing is, I am in a private company so we have works on saturdays..