Are Chicken Eggs getting smaller than they used to be?? Or is it my imagination?

I went to make a cake yesterday and of course it called for eggs. Said to use 2 large eggs. So I went to the fridge and grabbed 2 from the carton that was clearly marked large grade A eggs. But for some reason when I grabbed them I thought about the size. They seemed small to me. If someone handed them to me and I didn't know what size they were marked as, I'd have said small or medium. So am I the only one that thinks that maybe commercial Chicken eggs are getting smaller ? Seems to me that I remember them being bigger. So many times in our daily lives we just go along with the flow and don't think about things too much. Not sure why the size of the eggs struck me this time. Don't usually think about it!! There are eggs in the store marked as Jumbo but I don't usually get them since most recipes call for Large. What do you think?
@PSmith721 (287)
Many years ago, we raised hens and the eggs were pretty good sized! I don't feel that it is your imagination at all! They have definitely gone down in size. Maybe smaller chickens? hehe I am not sure what is causing it! Happy Mylotting!
Me neither!! But my brownies came out abit drier than expected and I am wondering if the smaller than large egss had anything to do with it! I made them the same as usual...Bet your chickens were more free range than commercially raised chickens so maybe that makes a difference. Do chickens lay eggs daily or ?