Can We "Edit our Discussion" after posting is completed...

@Baluyadav (3644)
Because i have posted one discussion recently,but i could not present my INTENTION properly..now i want to change/add some additional info on that discussion..is it possible?
@owlwings (39092)
• Cambridge, England
No, it isn't possible to edit posts once they are posted. That is what the Preview button is there for (though most people don't use it). The only thing you can do now is to wait until you get a response and to write a comment to that first response to correct whatever you said that you think gave the wrong impression. DO NOT post the same discussion corrected. It will very likely be deleted as a duplicate. If you made a serious error, you can send a message to MyLot (using the Contact link) asking them to delete the discussion. Make sure that you include the full URL of the discussion. Once it has been deleted, you can then repost the discussion, making sure that you are more careful in your choice of words.
@Baluyadav (3644)
hi,thank you owlwings..you are guiding me since my joining with mylot.But from myside,i am lagging behind in reaching the right path some times...In this case it is not violation of mylot rules,but that discussion may lead to some misunderstanding by woman community,thats the problem.So i try to explain my origional view on that discussion to each and every response,because i didn't find gap for 1st response to consequent responses... so thank you once again and have a nice time.
@owlwings (39092)
• Cambridge, England
I quite understand that you have no intention of breaking the rules. We have all made the mistake of not including enough information in our discussion or of not phrasing it correctly. Actually, I think that MyLot ought to force us to review our posts for discussions by making us go through a review stage. Yahoo Answers do this (both for Questions and Answers) and it does make one stop and think ... and give us a chance to make changes. You've raised a very good point and I shall make the suggestion on one of GoAskAlice's discussions. I don't think that this solution (of Write - Review - Post) has been made.
@Baluyadav (3644)
Hi,congrats for getting the best response tag.Have a nice time.
@stephcjh (32328)
I sure wish we could edit our discussions after we have posted them. We have asked Mylot for this many times over the years. Maybe they will add this feature here soon if we ask Alice to ask them for us.
@vathsala30 (3723)
Hi Balu I do not think it is possible in mylot to edit and correct our posts. Once it is posted it is posted and there is no chance of any correction. So before posting your discussions, please check it up once and then post it
@megamatt (14331)
Yeah you cannot really edit the discussion. Which is a shame. I hit the preview button and I catch most of my errors. However, there is something that I always think to add like about thirty or forty seconds after I most, maybe a minute at most. Yet I cannot add onto it. Which is a shame and perhaps the only flaw I can think with MyLot.
@catdla1 (6005)
Not yet. When that's happened to me, I usually just add a comment to my own discussion. I'm famous for forgetting to say something until I hit that POST RESPONSE button. Then, of course I remember.
@magtibaygom (4865)
It happened also to me. I wanted to edit my posted response. But it is not possible. So, the solution i got is to post again appended to the previous post. Maybe posting is designed like that. Maybe they have a purpose why they designed it like that. I know some online forums and discussion boards where you can edit your previous posts, like if you want to correct the spelling or want to change the wordings. It is not allowed in Mylot. Just append your correction to the post you wanted to correct.
No,it is not possible to edit a discussion after posting it.Before posting you can preview it to check the discussion for its correctness.
@Buchi_bulla (8299)
No I do not think you can change the discussion. However, while commenting for the responses received, you can put forth your points. If you are talking about the 'Complete woman' discussion, there is nothing wrong in it. This statement was told by many in many years. But I feel that a childless woman may feel hurt by reading this. But motherhood is there in all the woman, including a child. Do not we see a child taking a role of mother to it's baby doll?