How I beat the cold

@savypat (20248)
If I stay aware and don't allow anything to take priority I can usually beat a cold. As soon as felt the sore throat I left my class and went home. When I got home I took 500mg Vit. C, 100mg B complex, 400mg Echinacea, and 470mg astragalus all washed down with 3 mugs of a good green tea. For lunch I had a good chicken soup and one more cup of tea. If the caffeine doesn't bother you you could drink tea the rest of the day, I can't so I switched to water. I took an over the counter allergy med to dry up the cold. Before bed, after a light Supper I took all of the above again except the tea. This morning I was much better, no aches just a very mild throat so I took it all again if I have symptoms this evening I'll do it once more but never more than 3 days at a time. I have no fever and don't think I am contagious so will go out in public today. And behold my first post on this cold put me on the digest this morning, I can't believe that it's only the second time I've made it. Thanks for all your help
@dragon54u (31184)
I've never heard of astragalus before and never seen it in the stores, it must be something special in health stores, right? I'm taking C and D this winter since I won't be outside much. I don't get many colds but I've written down your formula for the next time I go to the store--better to be safe (naturally) than sorry!
@savypat (20248)
It usually comes in tea but I have capsules. The most important thing I think is to catch it at first sign. Thanks
• Marion, Kansas
I did not know it came in a tea. I have always seen it in capsules. I think D is a good move. Probably need to take some myself, although I assume that fish oil has D.
@ladygator (3469)
I am very happy for you and also happy to see someone taking good care of themselves. For them and for the others in public. So I commend you my friend for your nice ways. And thats why you also deserve the goods of a digest post!!!! Happy day to you I hope you enjoy feeling better.
@bhanusb (5709)
I have no experience about your cold. Our winter is like your summer. Our summer is so hot that you will be beaten. To make you hot I can send you some hot wind.
@savypat (20248)
my mistake for our English as a second language friends. I am sorry. The cold we have been discussing is an illness, with symptoms of stuffy nose, sore throat, cough and fever. I am sure you have suffered such as all humanity is subject to this ailment. But some of your heat would be very nice in our winter. Thanks
@bhanusb (5709)
I'm sorry for my weak English language. I'm thankful that you corrected my mistake.
@gabs8513 (48803)
I am glad that you have beaten it and I hope that you are still rid of that cold
@savypat (20248)
Yes I won this one, I feel fine today. Thanks
@suzzy3 (8401)
You are so lucky to have all that to hand .Keep well.
@savypat (20248)
I have finally learned to listen to my body and make it a priority. Thanks
• Marion, Kansas
I have never tried astragalus, but I may have to. The rest sounds very like the supplements I take. Another thing I do that helps the throat, but it is good to fight stomach upset as well is to eat fresh pineapple. Horseradish is a good rememdy as well. I need to replenish my stock of green tea. I have not had a cold yet this season. I am more prone to upper respiratory in the spring and I think it has to do with pollen allergies, so the OTC allergy med is good then. Congrats on being so proactive.
@savypat (20248)
I have heard of all these things, I think there are many ways to help your body fight virus.
@dawnald (84124)
• Shingle Springs, California
Let's go for 2 days running.
@savypat (20248)
Good thought, thanks
@zandi458 (27954)
Good that you can prescribe your own medication and diet and come out well. If it had work well with you before than it is best to stick to it in future.