You sparkle like a diamond...

@dawnald (84146)
Shingle Springs, California
Naomi's Christmas list read something like this: A Pokemon calendar A Wii The bike that you didn't get me for my birthday A Wii A cooking game for my DS A Wii You get the idea. So anyway, three slightly spoiled children got a Wii for Christmas and each of them got a game for it. Cary got a Star Wars game, which he liked very much. Naomi got a dancing game. At first she wanted to exchange it, but guess what, that was the only receipt that I could not find, so she ended up keeping it and it was the most popular game of all. Dearra got a Twilight game, and that's what I'm going to be talking about here. The Twilight game was basically a trivia game about the movie. The players answer questions about scenes in the movie. The faster you answer, the higher your points. The person withe the most points at the end of the game wins. I wasn't doing too well at first. In fact, Dearra was kicking my butt. After all, not only has she seen the movie, but she's also read the book. I had only seen the movie. But anyway, as the points came up at the end of each round, the winner would get a comment such as "you sparkle like a diamond". Well after a few rounds, the questions started repeating a bit and I was more familiar with the characters again and I started catching up. Eventually I won a few rounds. I got lots of comments about how I was doing well, knew my stuff, etc. But not once did I sparkle like a diamond. Not once. Do you think it was because the character I chose to be was Victoria, one of the "bad guys"? Everybody else got to sparkle like a diamond at least once. Sheesh.... PS the girls thought that was pretty funny...
Diamond Dawn - Dawn sparkles like a diamond!
Hi Dawn. Wii is impersonal. It's compliments are false and mechanical. Your children would be the VERY FIRST ones to say you sparkle like a diamond. Your friends here on myLot genuinely say you sparkle like a diamond. Here's proof!
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
Oh I know that, it's just that they were laughing so hard every time I won and it would say anything but "you sparkle like a diamond"... Well now that you've submitted proof, I'll shut up.
Oh PLEASE don't shut up Dawn. We need your continual sparkle here!
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
Well OK then, I will yap on as the mood strikes me! :-)
@zed_k4 (17627)
Dawny.. Try getting the latest Mario on Wii for Naomi too, or you could play it. I heard it's awesome..
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
after I pay off the Christmas bills maybe
@zed_k4 (17627)
Oh yeah, who can forget bills, darn.. reminds me I have my own bills to clear LOL..
@jillhill (37383)
You sparkle like a diamond here on mylot so just let the kids roll in the sensation that they sparkle like a diamond on the Wii....LOL...
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
lol
@p1kef1sh (45640)
You sparkle to me and I know that you are a 20 carat diamond. Mwah XXXX
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
Hooray, I sparkle like a diamond!
@savypat (20246)
well there's a goal for 2010. You know you are smarter than any old game, come on you can beat it. Go dawn. Go dawn.
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
I'll sparkle eventually, I just know it! :-)
• Boston, Massachusetts
Hi Dawn, The christmas list of naomi was cute. it's quite fulfilling seeing our kids love the gifts that we give them. only a hug and a kiss from them will reward us for all the efforts we had to make them happy and get what they reallt want for christmas. ...it was really funny! cheers.
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
hahaha well at least she isn't afraid to let us know...
• Boston, Massachusetts
you trained her to be honest and express herself freely about what she want and she did. i admire her for her candid-ness. i hope she will maintain it as she grow up. please give her a hug for me friend.
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
I hope she will too, although she needs to learn when she can and when she can't be as outspoken as she is at home.
@gabs8513 (48715)
Lol Dawn, does this sound like a bit of tantrum because you did not sparkle like a Diamond lol
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
Dearra said something like, "oh mom, aren't you over that yet?"
@royal52gens (5380)
That is okay, hun. You sparkle like a diamond here on MyLot. You sparkle when you dance under the moonlight. You sparkle when you come to the aide of a friend. You sparkle when I think of you.
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California