Maybe They Should Reconsider This Relationship...

@erikmama (12929)
I was doing volunteer work today at a local social service agencies that provides treatments, tests, and education concerning STDs. While assisting clients in the loobby fill out paperwork, I overheard a guy and girl (who were therre treatments) "hooking up". They were talking about the musi they liked, movies they watched, and hobbies. Then names and numbers exchanged hands. Im just like OK, are you serious? You are in a STD clncic for an STD hooking up with another person there with an STD. Don't you think they should consider a date with someone outside of this place?
Actually I think knowing a person not only has one but is getting treatment is better then not knowing and hoping they don't have one. Not to mention can you imagine the stress that is not there by already knowing that the person has and that they know you have. No awkward conversations about "I have..." or "Do you have...". Being a person who would insist on anyone I dated having a STD test before we ever did anything (great way by the way to weed out the jerks only 2 guys ever did it and I married one of them).
@sid556 (31005)
@erikmama (12929)
I dont choose to discuss those things in my everyday conversations. Pus at that exact moment you should be worried about getting it taken care of!! Hookin up got you here in the first place...
@erikmama (12929)
As I stated by the wway the conversation was going you know what was going on.Im not that old, an I dtill remember back in the day...I dont know wjhat the two of tem will do or plan to do, but the converdsation insinuated what it was going to be. I just dont think you should be doing that there..
@angie497 (22)
I'm fairly certain that if I were at an STD clinic for treatment, the last thing that would seem like a good idea would be hooking up at all - much less hooking up with another patient. Although I suppose if you meet someone with similar likes and interests, would it make sense to not exchange numbers just because of where you met them? After all, just because they're exchanging contact info doesn't mean that they're planning to hop into bed this afternoon. And if they're being treated for something like herpes or HIV, which are both incurable, there's might be a certain logic to hooking up with someone in the same boat. After all, they have something in common that they might not be able to share with a lot of people - coping with an incurable illness. And of course, if you have something that can't be cured, it might be logical to be in a relationship with someone that already has the disease.
Thanks for this post Angie497. I am still thinking back in the day when all STDs were curable with a shot of penicillin. I keep forgetting there are other much more serious STDs out there now that penicillin won't hold a candle to. You do hear about couples with like problems getting together just for that reason - because they understand each other and share that common bond.
@erikmama (12929)
I been around long enough to know, and these people were hooking up. I dont know what it was they had, but atthat exact moment I dont think you should be worrying aout the next date you're going to get. You never know what they were doing to get the STD,I mean who they were withor how many people!!!
@erikmama (12929)
And thats what I am saying-of all places a STD clinic? Why is that crossing your mind when you have an STD!
@StarBright (2799)
They will probably do well together. Talk about starting out with truth and honesty. Let's hope they take it slow. If they are not careful, they could never get over the STD. Just keep passing it back and forth. The fact that they were able to hook up so easily may explain why they each have a STD in the first place. They throw caution to the wind and leap before they think. You have to pray for people like that. They don't know what they are doing to their lives.
@erikmama (12929)
Well, I didnt say they were goig at it...I said you can tell they were talking about that however, or if nothing else getting to know each other! I'm just saying of all places...
Erikmama: Don't misunderstand me. If it were me, I would probably be so upset over getting STD in the first place that I would be ready to kill any guy who looked at me regardless of his intentions. The only reason I would want anyone in that clinic to know my name is to notify my partner who probably gave it to me. The only way to stop the spread of it is to treat the source. But to meet someone in the same boat as me with the idea that this might be a new partner? H#@! NO!!! Their immaturity was showing. However, if they both have one of those incurable STDs then they need to be together. That way they won't spread it around elsewhere. I will probably get feedback from someone here for that comment, but it's the truth as I see it.
@erikmama (12929)
I guess it is what makes the worlkd so unique.None of us are the same, think or do things the same way.If this is what these people wanna do and feel comfortable, then thats on them. But I think there are much better places to meet!!
@sid556 (31005)
Hi erikmama, Well, I don't know. If they have the same STD then they don't have to worry about spreading it to another innocent person. Also I would imagine they would feel more comfortable with someone who also is experiencing this as opposed to finding a partner who doesn't have an STD and breaking that news to them.
@erikmama (12929)
These were all people findin out about new STDs and getting tested.If they are there for a treatment the last thing they should be thinking about at that moment is another date!!
@sid556 (31005)
hi there, Well, if they were there for treatment then that can be an on-going thing. Some of the STD's are not curable and something that will need treatment for the rest of their lives. Being tested for an STD does not in any way imply that the person has one. I have never had an STD but I have gone in for testing at times...just to make sure. I am not in anyway saying that you are wrong here because I really don't know. I'm just saying, I would not judge a situation like this. There are so many other angles. If you don't know the people personally and their situation you could be very wrong. That's all I'm trying to point out.
Maybe they should, but then again, where the two met, they aren't really starting with any secrets. They both know that the other was at the clinic for treatment, so this isn't going to be a secret between the two of them. In the long run, I bet that the two of them might be quite good for one another and they may have a wonderful relationship that could eventually bloom into much more. For the sake of these two individuals, I hope that they do have a great relationship.
@erikmama (12929)
I wish them all of the luck too.Whatever it is they choose to do once they left the clinic,I hope it worked out well.
@tammytwo (4303)
It's kind of weird to me. But maybe it explains how they got the STD to begin with. They were just plain careless. And maybe they see it this way, they won't have to tell the other about it because well, look where they met. The other should just ASSUME they have had an STD. Some people concern me!!!!!
@erikmama (12929)
I could ot have said it any better!! Love it love it love it! No getting mad about it... You already knew!
Hi erikmama.... It doesn't surprise me at all. You and I would be like no way go away if we were approached for a date knowing what these people are there for. Some people just don't care or they think okay give me some meds doc I'll be okay back out to play house. They really don't understand nor want to realize just how serious some of these disease are and can be. Others do and feel the need to pass it around because they are only in a relationship for one thing its not that they care about the other person, and sadly some are just plain resentfulness. I got it now they all can get it. I seriously think these people should be tagged. To many are charmers and get others infected that went with the heat of the moment other than using common sense.
@erikmama (12929)
Thats what I am thinking-regukar clients at this place. I guess not because if I just found out I had any type of STD I would not be a very happy person and would probably be on a man strike for a while!!
@MimiRemo (420)
Hooking up with a fellow STD client in a STD clinic? Perhaps I would be speechless if I saw that conversation, myself. Apparently for them, hooking up is just like that and they have no serious sense of proper time and place for it. But then again, I'd say to myself I wouldn't be surprised. I'm also thinking, maybe STD clients feel secure meeting up and having a relationship with each other because they are the sure one's who would accept their being STD-inflicted as a way of not spreading the disease.
@erikmama (12929)
Well, I would think if I had an STD I would be more worried about getting rid of it and noone ever finding out about it..but thats just me. Meeting other people with STDs is not my top priority!
@sid556 (31005)
hmm...until you have one. Some of them just don't go away....not ever! Can you imagine being 20 and having one of those incurable ones....for example...herpes.
@erikmama (12929)
even if i had AIDS it is not something I would tell the world about or want everyone to know. Guess I am just a private person. I dont really think they had soemthing incurable though.
@Canellita (12058)
I am speechless. You would think... but if they could think sensibly they probably would not have been there in the first place, right?
@erikmama (12929)
You're right about that.Worrying about the next date is the reason they were there,and I am sure they will not be strangers to the place in the future.I was just in awe as I sat and watched them!
It is so puzzling to know that. What pains me is that the man and the woman you saw have no regard for their well being. I agree with you saying they should consider finding a date someplace else.
@erikmama (12929)
I agree! Atleast at this very moment hooking up with another person should have been the LAST thing in their minds!
@srganesh (6349)
I think what they have done is the right thing they ought to do.Instead of having date with people without STD and spreading the same to them,they are honest to have relation with same group.They both can understand well each other and at the same time help each other to come out of the diseases quickly.In other words they can be perfect couples.
@erikmama (12929)
Do you think that this was the right time to be thinking about meeting a new perosn?I personally wouldnt want to be known as meeting someone at the STD Clinic...