live in a community where you know all the people , or not

i live in a place where we know a lot of people. one downside of this is that you have to think 100 times when you are going to do something, example. when you want to do a business, because when that business did not become successful, you will know they are talking behind your back. how about you, you want to live in a place where you do not know anyone? or the other way around?
@mjcookie (2275)
Because of the recent typhoon here in the Philippines, we relocated to a new community, a place with much higher grounds. The only people we know here are my relatives and some of their neighbors (most of them we know only by face). When we moved here it felt really strange, just like how it felt when we moved several times before. The thing is, all the people here seem to know one another, so it felt like we were the freaks. When we go out we always receive stares, and I know for sure that they talk about us behind our backs, wondering where the hell this family came from. Even when we attend Saturday mass at the village chapel, all of them greet and talk to one another. I think it is only our family who are the complete strangers there. It feels a bit awkward. That's the disadvantage of living in a community where you don't know the people. The advantage is the total opposite of what you just said: the people have nothing to do with us so we can do whatever it is that we wanna do here.
maybe you moved to a small community.. what typhoon hit you, ondoy or pepeng? how is your house now? we are lucky enough not to be hit by the typhoon.. maybe if you stayed there longer you will then start to feel you belong.
@mjcookie (2275)
Ondoy. We lived in San Pedro, Laguna. It's not flooded anymore, but since most of the walls were made of wood, I guess they have been damaged. I didn't wanna move out of town because that's where I grew up, and I am so comfortable and familiar with the place. We relocated several times but only within San Pedro. Now we're in Cavite. Though it's just a 20-minute ride away, it still feels alien.
I like to live in a community where people know me not only in a business matter only but in a helpful individuals community. I love to make contacts with individuals to have a relation which would help not only me but the other individuals also. tThere few persons who never like prosperity of others and fame but not all are like wise few are different . Mine is different i like to help whether a individual likes it or not.
@tayd88 (205)
hi thebestmom, As for me,i would like to live in a place where i know most of the people.That means i got a lot of friends,either good or bad one.In terms of setting up own business,well think about the positive side where you might get help from friends in setting up,exchanging ideas/info,encouragement and support,etc.In the business world,one may make a profits or losses depends on other factors. Good friends are always there to support/help ,not to talk behind your back.Whatever they wanna say,let it be.Just do what you are happy about.