Are you expecting gifts for you child from his god parent?

@happy2512 (1266)
I was jus wondering if you felt the way that I feel were your kids god parents gave gifts to him not just during holiday season or birthdays. Are they really obliged to give gifts? Are you when they don't received anything? Please feel free to discuss your experienced.
I don't think that God-Parents should be obligated to give gifts to their God-Children. Of course, I am also saying this from the standpoint of not having any God-Children. For my children, my sister is my daughter's God-Mother and her God-Father is her uncle. For my son, his God-Father is my little brother and his God-Mother is my best friend (who also happens to have five children of her own). I don't expect them to go out of their way for my children, but some of the God-Parents of them do. I also think that I would be likely to do a bit more for my God-Children if I ever was named to be someone's God-Mother but I wouldn't do it because I felt obligated to do it, I would do it simply because I wanted to.
@happy2512 (1266)
Thanks for sharing your experience
Well in all honesty, I dont think they should be obigated to give gifts at all. My god niece lives with us, and we did give her Christmas and Birthday gifts, but not out of sense of obigation, just because she is a member of our extended family. Being a god parent is really not about what you can give someone monetarily anyway. Its about being given the responsibility to be a positive influence in someones life, and if need be, helping to raise that person into a successful and responsible adult.
@happy2512 (1266)
Yes you are right about it thanks for sharing your experience.