Do You Still Have Posters On the Walls?

@Janey1966 (24127)
Carlisle, England
I've just been catching up on blogging my 1985 Diary and noticed that I acquired a couple of posters off a friend of mine. I was only 19 and the only poster (we) have now is a signed Star Trek Nemesis one, framed that is only a couple of feet away from this computer! I like it because it has Tom Hardy as one of the autographs, plus Patrick Stewart and Brent Spiner. Hubby bid for it on one of his Vegas trips (before I came along) so I've inherited it, I suppose. Posters I had in my teens would be (predominantly), Marillion with Fish, AC/DC, Motorhead, Mick Jagger, Bon Jovi, etc. Before that I had two rather nice Starsky and Hutch posters!
• Boston, Massachusetts
Hi Janey, I don't have anymore posters now at home or in my room. when i was in myteen years i used to collect posters like you and hang it on in my room. i have a collection of my favorite artists local and international. i even kept a posted with signature of my local favorite band and an enlarged photo of me and my friends with a famous singer here in our country. it was really fun. at least we have the same experience. but you'er able to keep one unlike me no more.
@ckyera (17261)
hi msfrancisco! i think those posters of your favorite artists with their signatures in there is really nice...and i remember having one of it before...haha i just remember it after reading your post! hehe actually the artist, he's not really my favorite but from that day that i saw him and gets his autograph in his poster, i come to like him...but the poster...hmmm i don't know where is it now!
• Boston, Massachusetts
hehehe...i too don't know where it's kept now. since i go to college, fidn a job and got married, i never had the chance to check on it. i had one poster with an artist that i am not so interested in to but i learned to like him when i met him personally, had his picture and signed in the poster. he was friendly. same with you i started to appreciate him and his talent after the brief moment with him.
@Janey1966 (24127)
• Carlisle, England
I am intrigued now! Who is this famous local artist you mention. Come on, I know you're dying to tell me!
@saizo6 (2211)
Hmm...thinking back I think the first poster I ever had on my wall was of Michael Jordan. I also had another poster of basketball player, Larry Johnson too. I also had a poster of the R&B group, Boyz II Men too. Now that I think of it that's the only music related one I've ever had. For the longest time those were the only posters that graced my walls. Then years later I got into the anime and video game craze and my walls were entirely covered by various posters. I remember having a few Castlevania posters, Halo posters, Final Fantasy posters and characters from anime shows like Princess Mononoke, Spirited Away, Mobile Suit Gundam and other ones. At the moment, I don't have any posters on my walls. I do, however, have three anime wallscrolls on my walls. There's one of Alucard from Hellsing, Kenshin from Rurouni Kenshin and Vash from Trigun.
@Janey1966 (24127)
• Carlisle, England
Anime is lost on me. Does it originate in Japan by any chance? Please enlighten me as I would love to know more. I suppose the cutest game character I've come across is Sonic the Hedgehog! My nephew used to play Sonic games on his Sega MegaDrive when he was about 6 years old. He would also play a rather irritating Mario Karts game and Luigi kept shouting out "Wahoo!" whenever he overtook anybody. Used to drive me nuts!!
@saizo6 (2211)
Yeah, anime refers to japanese animation. I don't know if you've been exposed to it but shows like Naruto, Bleach and Pokemon can be considered to be anime. And yes, I know how annoying Luigi can get in Mario Kart. We always play that game and that is my brother's favorite character to use.
@Janey1966 (24127)
• Carlisle, England
Pokemon was massive here in the UK, so I reckon this anime craze probably originated from that. My nephew is now 20 years old and doesn't use his Sega Megadrive now as he has a Sony Playstation...although he told me he isn't addicted to games where there are players linked up from all over the world because his mates get so involved in them it's a bit scary at times!
@ckyera (17261)
hello janey! when i was younger, i am really fond of posting posters in our wall...specially on my room's! during those days my favorite to post are the posters of my favorite local bands and celebrities! sometimes some cartoon characters! right now, my husband and i still put some posters in our wall, and what we have now is this poster of some of his favorite NBA players! and a harry potter poster!
• Boston, Massachusetts
Hi Ckyera, my brothers have a poster collection of their favorite basketball players and cartoon characters too. of course i love wonder woman and superman too but i don't have the poster of them. we sometimes compete and compare with our poster collections. oh gosh i missed those days with my siblings!
@ckyera (17261)
how many siblings do you have in your family? how many years are your gap with each other? i always think of having more siblings when i was younger coz i think that ist fun having many brothers & sisters...hehe but i just only have 1 and we have 10 years gap! and like your brothers, he's favorite posters are those basketball players' posters! hehe
• Boston, Massachusetts
i have an eldest brother who loves superheroes and friends, i am the second child and the eldest among the girls (we are three girls), my younger brothers (three aside from my eldest brother) love cartoon characters. they even make their own caricature of their favorite cartoon characters. the're goodn in sketching and drawing. we are 7 in the family (4 males and 3 females).
@thezone (9452)
I used to work in a cinema when I was younger and had lots of movie posters, I had a few Star trek ones too but they were not signed. I still have one or two of them framed and hung in the computer room. I am not allowed hang them anywhere else lol. I used to have a lot of heavy metal posters in my room when I was a teen, mostly Iron Maiden as I was a huge fan and loved the artwork so much. I still have most of the posters but they are stored in the attic as they might be worth something one day, especially the movie ones, just check out some on ebay they can go for huge amounts.
@thezone (9452)
Having a signed poster by someone you like is a good thing to have in my opinion. I thought he did a great job in Nemesis. I just seen the new Star Trek movie the other week, but I have to agree I liked the older films better. Oops sorry you said not to talk about Star Trek but I will definitely not argue about it with you.
@Janey1966 (24127)
• Carlisle, England
I'm glad you liked Tom Hardy in Nemesis, a very under-rated film in my opinion. The best drama I saw him in (on YouTube, I didn't see it on the telly but want the DVD BADLY) was Stuart: A Life Backwards about a homeless chap who was well-known in the Oxford area. It was so intense but funny in parts, a very good drama that leaves a lasting impression on anyone who watches it. He was menacing in "The Take" as well but I ended up feeling sorry for him, even though he was nasty in practically every scene!! Whether that was intentional I don't know as I've not read the Martina Cole that it's based on.
@abruzzi10 (623)
• Latvia
Hey, mate! No.. I don't have them anymore. When I was a kid, I had some posters, but not for a long time. I remember a poster with Ninja Turtles . You know.. Ninja Turtles cartoon... and after some time, I've got Harry Potter poster. But at age ~15 all posters were gone and know I don't like to put them on the wall, it looks terrible for me. Thanks for discussion! Have a nice day!
@Janey1966 (24127)
• Carlisle, England
Thanks very much. It's amazing the appeal Harry Potter has. I often wonder if I would have read the books if I'd been younger. When I was young I read a lot of Enid Blyton who isn't policitally correct anymore...but when you're a kid you don't think about that do you? Just read the book!
• Latvia
Enid Blyton? Yes! I red she's books too. Actually she is my favorite books for kids author! She's stories are amazing, I remember that I have red a book with about 230 pages in one evening. So fantastic and brilliant stories!
@ElicBxn (60182)
I had a poster of Spock from Star Trek, some black light posters, I'd've loved a Illya Kuryakin poster from The Man From UNCLE, but never got that one - darn now the roomie has a signed poster from a Doctor Who convention, well framed and protected, but that's the only poster we have
@Janey1966 (24127)
• Carlisle, England
I'd quite like a poster of Dr Who (David Tennent) with the Master (John Simm). Yummy! Lol.
@ElicBxn (60182)
oh, this is from way before David Tennant was ever the Doctor, mid-1980's - I think Colin had just become the Doctor
@BarBaraPrz (18029)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
Actually, I do have a poster on the wall. It's framed, natch. It's for a production of Ibsen's Ghosts at the Vancouver Playhouse, back in the late '70s. I got it because the woman in the picture reminded me of one of my aunts.
@Janey1966 (24127)
• Carlisle, England
Cool! I would love some nice prints for these walls but I need a job first before I can afford the ones I want. Got some ideas already though, I like to plan ahead!
@BarBaraPrz (18029)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
This poster that I have came off a telephone pole the day it was posted. Shhhh....
When I was younger I had wallpaper made of cutouts from teen magazines. Now I have lots of picture frames with photos of my friends, a "poster" that is a collage of original CBGB playbills, framed pictures of various cities, a framed picture of Pete Townsend pf the Who with his fingers bleeding that I took out of Rolling Stone magazine, a charcoal drawing of Brandon Lee as the Crow and a poster of AFI that I got when I joined the Despair Faction fan club. And a calendar of Bryan Froud Faeries.
@Janey1966 (24127)
• Carlisle, England
Some really cool posters you have there my friend! I like the sound of the Pete Townsend pic. I can understand why his fingers might bleed playing the guitar...I've only tried playing bass once and it wrecks!
@missweety (628)
• Latvia
Hello! No, I don't have any poster on the walls. i used to have lots of model posters in my room when I was smaller. I had like Naomi C., Claudia S. etc...I like everything that was beautiful of fashionable
@Janey1966 (24127)
• Carlisle, England
Supermodels! I'd not thought of them. The two ladies you mention are still beautiful even now...depressing isn't it!
I was never one to put up those posters. I have seen that my daughter has a lot of them. She can't get enough of the disney actors on her wall. I hope she grows out of this soon. It looks raggedy to me in there.
@Janey1966 (24127)
• Carlisle, England
Oh dear! Well, at least I grew out of my posters so I should imagine that will happen with your daughter too.
I still have the posters .................. i have a pic of Sachin Tendulkar, Sourav Ganguly (Both great cricket stars), a pic of Sakhira,, a pic of Michael Jackson and a pic of Koby Bryant........................
@Janey1966 (24127)
• Carlisle, England
Wow, I don't even know if we could get posters of our England cricketers...probably...and they're jolly good-looking too I might add!
Those sound like interesting posters. Most of the posters I have are from movies like Harry Potter, Reservoir Dogs and Privates of the Caribbean. I treasure all of my posters but I'm such a mess, there's a big chance I might accidentally lose them when I have to move (which is soon). Happy mylotting.
@Janey1966 (24127)
• Carlisle, England
Thanks for your comment my friend. I used to live with someone who worked in a Video Shop many years ago and he always had "spare" posters from films that had just been released on video as it was then. Knowing him he probably pinched them.
@sublime03 (1811)
I do not have posters anymore on my wall since these are not my walls per say. But thinking about it, back when I was home when I had my son I had to bring down and have my walls painted and stuff so it was only back then I had posters on my wall.