Do you think mylot will hold her money in the account?

I have a neighbor who I wrote about a few times. She wanted to join mylot with me. I knew she could not get her money out of paypal. She does not care about the money. She just wants to have a place to come to and release. So I had her join up and she is now a member of mylot. Do you think mylot will hold her funds for two years? She is 15 right now. I think I am not sure that she needs to be 18 for a paypal card. Thanks for the help all.
I think that is something that you would have to ask of the administrators. But even if you didn't want to take the chance of them not holding the money for her would it not be possible for her to use your paypal account until she was old enough to get a paypal account herself. I think I read that somewhere that it is possible to have more than one mylot account per paypal account and while you two may not be in the same household using the same computer can't she just enter your payapal account info as hers? You will be able to tell what is hers and what is your by what your earnings are for the month. I would just let her feed in with you until she is able to get her own paypal...
I would also maybe suggest having her set her payout amount to the highest of $100 that way she is not worrying about needing a payout until she reaches that amount and depending on how often she is here maybe she won't have to worry about being paid until the two years is up...
Thanks for the help Froggie,I will look into this myself. I am not sure I can have another account under my paypal.
@lilybug (21148)
I do believe myLot changed it recently so you can have 2 members using the same PayPal account. Here is the link. http://www.mylot.com/nr/editaffiliations.aspx
@owlwings (39748)
• Cambridge, England
You need to be 16 to join MyLot (see the Terms) and 18 to be eligible for a PayPal account. Personally, I believe that there are children of 13 and younger who are quite capable of creating and maintaining good discussions (Yahoo Answers' minimum age is 13) but those are the rules. Yes, MyLot will hold the funds provided she logs in at least once every 90 days.
Thanks for checking that out for me. I know she will be 16 in April she can chill here till then.
I believe the Terms of service have something in them about losing your money if you have not made a post or a response in a certain period of time. I am not sure, and you would have to check on them to find out, but I dont think there is any time limit to withdrawal your earnings so long as you are an active member. In that case she would just have to maintain being an active member in Mylot until she is old enough to get a paypal account, then fill in the information and request payment. Might be a nice graduation or birthday present to herself if she does maintain her activity and has a nice chuck of change after 2 years of making posts.
This is exactly what I told her. That is what I will have her do. She made me laugh thinking she could buy a car in two years. LOL Thanks very much for the help.
@cryw0lf (1302)
You need to be 18 to own a paypal account... But hey nobody said you can't bend the rules with paypal... I wasn't 18 when I made MY account ;)
I will just have her wait to get it. Thanks
@fwidman (11515)
I think your best bet here would be to have your friend send her earnings to your paypal account. then you can either give it to your friend or save it up in paypal until they have their own paypal account
How about she raises the amount that she takes out each month to the maximum therefore they aren't even going to try to take the amount out of her account? Or how about she gets someone else to create a paypal account for her, I don't think it necessarily has to be her paypal account. But most people don't make the $10 a month and if she sets it to $100/$200 then it will be a LONG time before she sees a payout and by then I'm sure she'll be 18 and everything will be fine. I hope a solution is found.
I think we can figure something out of all the help here. Thanks for the help.
@skyhawk3 (63)
Wow the easiest way out that i could think of would have to be to link a credit card to it, it says it will raise her "send limit" to 2,000 and yea that's what happened to me and try to inform her right away to do this because it is the only "easy" way to raise her sending limit, just tell her to make sure she doesn't buy anything over 2,000 or it will take it out of her credit card/debit card that she linked up with her paypal. Hope this helps, Goodbye !............=)
I know that on here you are able to change what your minimum payout is, so if she was to change it to the maximum, that would definitely give her some time before she would have to have a paypal account for the money to go into. There is also the chance that if she was to need the money, you could start a second paypal account for her. For my daughter, when she starts to get interested in using paypal, I will actually start my own account that she could have access to as right now my husband and I share one paypal account so I could start my own with my email address which right now just routes it to our joint paypal account.
@nitu1952 (286)
my lot is the perfect site and recommended as well as legit site. there is no any confusion in mind to hold her money in the account but only requirement is the verified paypal account to transfer the money into the account when there is minimum payout condition fulfills. as there is no bad thoughts for my lot site to hold money in the account.
@nitu1952 (286)
ya definately do you have any doubt. my lot is holding my earnings for the last three months. there is no as such problem in my lot that if we can't complete the minimum payout in a given period of time ten it disappears.my lot will definately hold money in the account.
@emarie (5451)
well I'm not sure, but as long as you have a banking account (which can be open at 15 with the help of a parent or guardian, I had a bank account at that age as well). She may be able to keep the account without the card, unverified and still have money placed into the account, but until the account is verified she can't take any money out of it and it becomes like a savings account. On the mylot end, she can put the max payout which is something like $100 or so and wait. It does take a while to make that much and it might be 2 years. Unless she posts 24-7. But check the PayPal terms and I think she can have it placed in her paypal account, but she just can't use it. It'll be a good way for her to save up some money.
@punjab911 (241)
Hey giftsandbagscom! Well sometimes I like to think of rules as being stupid. However, that is not the case for mylot, I want to follow the rules here. I was not 18 when I made my paypal account. Hope this answers your question!
@Rvd007 (95)
Hello, Actually right now i m age 16 i made accoutnt but u knw u can make just put your birth date which shw your above 18 i also did same and about u need card wen u you want withdraw that cash from your paypal account but ifu wnat to use it for online shopping i think u no need all cards and other information :D. As per one of our frnd said write to mylot that if they would trasnfering her cash to your account were u can take care of it You better contact or write to Mylot about this they will sure help u regarding this.................Hope your clear with stuff .......Regards,