Regrets?

@tap0991 (2767)
What is the biggest thing in your life that you regret? I am curious at what some people will say about this because situations happen to other people different but still the same type
@sunisami (93)
I could regret certain incidents in my life but to prevent whimsical feelings I choose to see them as lessons learnt and get on with it.
@tap0991 (2767)
well thats the best way to look at things that you could regret. Mistakes happen all the time and making mistakes is how learning happens.
My biggest regret in my entire life is that I wasted part of my life on a man that would never love me. He was abusive toward me and hit me and cussed me and basically treated me like dirt. Those were the golden years of my life where I was at the end of my teens and at the beginning of my real life and I wasted that part of my life. I would love to be able to go back in time and have it to do all over again where I wouldn't have to have lived through that period of my life. For most of the things that have happened in my life I am able to see the positive, but this is the one situation that no matter how much I reflect back on that period of my life I am not able to find a positive from it.
@tap0991 (2767)
sorry to hear about this part about your life. If your looking for a positive maybe it isnt a big positive. Maybe it is just positive in the sense that you know better than to fall for a guy like that or not to let the situation happen again.
Recently I got back together with my ex while he was in jail. he made all these promises to me when he was getting out. I went to see him on all his visits. Put money on his books. Put money on the phone to have him call me. Also so I could make three way calls for him to his family. When he got out he never showed up to my house. I regret going to see him now. I regret making the calls for him. Writing him all those letters even reading his letters. Over all I regret putting myself in the position to be used like he used me.
@tap0991 (2767)
wow that is a horrible thing he did. You ever talk to his family?