Emails that say you will have bad luck.....do you forward them?

@mzz663 (2775)
I get a lot of emails and text messages that say if I don't forward the message I will have bad luck, good luck, find a long lost love, etc, etc, and so on...... Are you one of those people that send these? Why do you send them out? Do you really think forwarding any messages will give you any kind of luck? I read them and if they're useless I delete them.If there is a message I like I take out the "send to 20 people or you will have good luck" part,(or what ever the send message says) I figure I may as well take that part out, my luck can't get much better or much worse.....
@nocturn98 (956)
• Venezuela
No, I never send them. I don't believe in those chain letters. When I get those kind of emails I delete them immediately. Sometimes I even get the same chain letter from different people.
Same here, I don't believe those mails. Most are crap while some have some nuggets of interesting things in them. So if I really want to forward, it would be just those nuggets minus the bad stuff.
I do not send chain letters on same with txt messaging chains. However, I do read them and if I think the message is good/funny I will remove the chain letter part and send it on just as the story. I don't think God will not bless me if I don't forward to 15 people include the one that sent it, Or that I'll have bad luck for 7 years blah blah blah.
I think you're in more danger of bad luck if you DO send them...bad luck from angry friends who are sick of getting that kind of nonsense in their mail.
@cream97 (29166)
Hi, crimsonladybug. I must agree to this statement!
@jennybianca (12914)
These really annoy me. I just delete them. I refuse to pass them on to anyone.
I don't really believe on them. I even discard them without reading them fully. I hate messages like those. It doesn't make sense. I f something will happen, something will happen. Everything depends on how we run our life or the situation itself. We don't need good lucks or bad lucks email to run our life. they will just get in the way.
I never forward these. In fact, I have made it known to all my friends that I absolutely hate these, so I do not even get many of these any more. My mother is the only person that sends these to me...but probably because she is still new to the online world and has not seen these before. I think that it is hilarious that the same chain-mails are still getting circulated after being on the internet for years and years.
@cutepenguin (6457)
I don't usually even bother reading them. To me, it's like spam. I have an aunt, however, who is very big on them. sigh.
@megamatt (14326)
I ignore them when I do get them and delete them immediately. They are a scam, more or less. A lot of them contain viruses that can cripple a computer and cause all kinds of havoc. That and the fact that I do not believe in luck. Success or lack of happens because of my own effort. If I do something wrong, I've made a mistake and I will learn from it. Those letters and e-mails are absolute rubbish. I don't often say that people have too much time on their hands but these people do.
@dragon54u (31635)
If I get an email that I consider worth forwarding, I edit it. First, I remove all the addresses it's been forwarded to which often take up half the page! If it says the reader must forward it for luck, blessings, money or otherwise I remove that, too. That's offensive to me, kind of. I'm hard to offend but I hate emails that threaten me with bad luck if I don't pass it on.
I never send them. I think thats ridiculous, nothings going to come of you sending a message!!
@erikmama (12929)
OMG!! My mom sends me thee all of the tie. I hae got to the point when I see the little FW: next to her name I just dete them. She sawares that these are going to bring her good luck if she continues to send these out to everyone she knowqs. But I am with you-i HATE these!!
No i never fwd that type of emails and i m not trust this kind of mail ...
@p1kef1sh (45640)
I receive zillions of them and ones that send good luck too. Although there's often a sting in the tail! I neither forward them or send them myself. They all hit the trash can. I just received one saying that I was being sent it because I am one of 12 women that the sender is friendly with. Can't be that friendly or she'd know that I am genitally somewhat different! But heck, maybe my cross dressing side is having a resurgence! Ooops. I just got it again from someone that KNOWS that I'm not female. I shall send her some spec cleaner for her birthday!
• Vietnam
bad joke. I don't care about those emails. And I don't think I can gain some luck by spreading those junks. Last week, I got the email said that "if you don't send this email to 20 people in the next 2 days, your mom will die" and the one who sent me that email wrote "soorrry, I don't want to send anyone this trash, but I don't want anything happen to my mom also." and after that, I received the bunch of emails with the same content. So annoying. I won't send them no matter what. Not that I don't care about my mom, I just don't believe, and don't want to cause annoyance to anybody.
@myfb2009 (8304)
When i was still a student, i ever forward once the chain letter that i had received from my friend. But after thinking it carefully, i think the best way is to ignore this type of chain letters, emails or sms. It's really wasting our time if we are to spend time doing according to the request of the sender of these chain letters, emails or sms. So, whenever i receive any of them, i will just throw those chain letters or delete those chain emails or sms. I think it's better don't believe in them.
No way! As a general rule of thumb, I don't personally forward such "chain mails". Many people view these as SPAM and I definite do not want to be a spammer. That said, I might forward some that are meaningful in one way or another. But importantly if I do, I would remove those portions about bad luck - I mean, I think it is real mean to force bad luck (no matter how untrue it may be) on someone. Your "good luck message" will simply put people off once they read the part about bad luck. When I receive just messages myself, I just ignore it. I don't believe in such things that obviously have no basis and stopping spam starts with me. If I don't forward it, it means less spam in the world.
@aparajita (860)
I get but I don't give them a damn. I do not consider them as important. I do pass it to my friends because, I don't know whether it would appeal to them or not.Our tastes are sometimes or the other, some way or the other in variation with others. So. if there is no harm then why not send them. Sometimes, we love to believe in the unreal. This is during those times when we are low, or when things are not going our way. So they act as booster for such people. As for me, I don't believe in them. I stop at six when I see twenty.
I never respond to those kind of emails. They're just stupid. It's obvious that nothing bad is going to happen to you if you don't send them to other people, because that idea is just illogical. So why would you want to send it to other people so that they can see they have an annoying piece of junk mail too? If anyone ever gets this type of mail, they should delete it, because no one wants them in their mailbox unless they're being a corny little kid. Come on, I mean, what's the point of making everyone in the world spread a stupid email that has basically no purpose. I'm sure that I've NEVER sent one of these emails to another person, and I don't have bad luck, haha. Trust me, no one's going to get bad luck, die, have their heart broken or anything like that if they don't send it to another person. All they'll really be doing is doing everyone a favor by not being a geek.
@LeeHolt (436)
Those chain letters are just a waste of time, and I hate seeing them around the internet. Why are people so gullible as to send theese on. Really? Lee.
@mzz663 (2775)
I'm not exactly sure why people do it, but it seems I get a lot of them and have started getting them as texts on my phone!
@gemini_rose (16194)
I dont get these so much through email but rather through text message. I get really annoyed because the people that send them too me never text me any other time other than to send me these silly chain mails. If someone cannot be bothered to text me to ask me how I am but just send me these silly mails then they are not worth even reading. I just delete them now without even reading past the first line.
@mzz663 (2775)
Same holds true for me, too. I get the bad luck crap from people I rarely hear from and some that I have deleted their number and have to ask who they are. I have a friend that only sends messages when he is selling something and they are, to me the same as spam. Otherwise I never hear anything from him, either.
@verabear (797)
I hate those chain mail! LIke you, I remove the forward stuff when I forward it to my friends if I really liked the message. When I was a kid, pre-internet era, I received chain mail through the post and I was scared sh*t about it. I was even scared to tell my mom about it. Our household help just told me to ignore it so i did, but I was scared that I would die or have bad luck. In college I received an email with the subject line Lotus Totus, or something like that. And I really liked what it contained. It was chain mail but I didn't mind actually forwarding it. I just added my own note telling my friends that they didn't have to forward it if they didn't want to. i think i even printed it out and gave copies to classmates.