Have You Ever Been Hypnotised By A Professional AT HOME?

@Janey1966 (24127)
Carlisle, England
I'm not interested in comments about those idiots that humiliate people up on stage. What I'm interested in is if you have felt compelled to contact a hypnotist regarding a problem you may have..whether it be some kind of addiction or (in my case) a medical problem such as a bad back. Some people would be apprehensive, I'm sure, about inviting a hypnotist into their home but I'm one of those open-minded people and he wasn't charging a fortune for the 3 sessions so I thought, "Go for it!" and...at the time, I'm glad I did. It was a weird feeling being hypnotised. I was still aware of what was going on around me because it's a myth that one is unconscious whilst you are "under" so anyone who thinks that is wrong. The body feels kinda limp but it's not a horrible feeling at all (unlike sleep paralysis that I've experienced only twice in my life but would NOT want to experience it again) and the soothing tones of the hypnotist helped to reassure me. In the end I regressed to when I was a baby and my back problems ceased...not permanently but I felt way better than I did before I was hypnotised. I could've gone further back (presumably to a previous incarnation) but I would've needed another session lol. The best thing about being hypnotised is how you feel AFTERWARDS. Euphoric is the word that aptly describes it, I would say. So, my friends, how do you feel about one-to-one hypnosis and has it ever helped you?
• Boston, Massachusetts
Hi Janey, I don't have any experience about this done at home to relieve from any kind of illness. BUT-- there were reports saying that such hypnotism practice is being used to rob people. when you are hypnotized you will be ever willing to give everything you have or whatever they ask you to give them like--your money, your purse/bag, your jewelries, you even follow them to go to the nearest atm machine to withdram money and wholeheartedly give it to them. scary right?
@Janey1966 (24127)
• Carlisle, England
Well, in this country "proper" hypnotists have to be registered and in actual fact, the guy who hypnotised me offered to show me his certificates. I declined because I trusted him and it was all fine. Like I said, if you are hypnotised in the correct manner you are in total control as you're not asleep, you are "trained" to delve into your subconscious mind, that's what hypnotism is supposed to do. I don't have any time for hypnotists on television as they are the ones that are encouraging the type of behaviour you describe. Scumbags!
• Boston, Massachusetts
it's really bad...hypnotism is being used and abused. i hope this will be responded to but how? i really don't know. i am so scared thinking about this thing to happen to me out there.
• Boston, Massachusetts
yes...that's another exact term for this TERRIBLE. I hope people doing this will have the conscience to stop doing evil deeds. UNACCEPTABLE but it's a reality!
Hi janey1966! I have never hired the services of a hypnotist. I don't find any reason for me to do so. It may be interesting to find out what could happen -- what I'd end up doing while being hypnotized. But then again, since there is no obvious need for it, then maybe I will just keep wondering.
@Janey1966 (24127)
• Carlisle, England
If you ever require the services of a hypnotist they don't make you do silly things like those on the television. It's completely different and as my hypnotist said, "those people are giving legitimate hypnotists like me a bad name." LOL.