creating a link on blog profile

I feel a little silly asking this question over here. I tried looking for a way to contact blogger.com but there was no phone number, and i am being blocked from joining their forum, for some silly technical reason that i dont know how to fix. So i thought maybe someone here would have the answer. I tried to post a referral link to mylot on my About Me on my blog. The problem is, it didnt create a link, so that's not helpful. Since most people are lazy, if my referral link would actually create a LINK, people would just click on it. But if it isn't a link, people are not going to copy and paste it to their address bar- they will just simply type in 'mylot.com'- and i wont get any referral pay. Does anybody know how i can make it into a link? Please tell me.
Well i looked up but couldn't find anything related to that. So i suggest why dont u just add a text message gadget right under about me and place a hyperlink in that and cover it with something convincing like Join the new online earning revolution free or something like that.
Thanks, but i hate to say, i dont know how to do that! HOw do you add a text message gadget? How do you add a hyperlink?