Walgreens Lost Photos Update

@erikmama (12934)
To everyone who read my previous discussion about Waalgreens loosing the photos of my 4 year old sons birthday party... Last night I received a phone call from the area manager, who profoundly apologized for my lloss.He said he knew how important pics are and they are upset that it happened. He offereed to send me a $25 Walgreens card, and apologized how the assistant manager handled the situation,and that I should not have been made to pay for the one set of photots. As advised by a fellow mylotter I asked him abpout negatives in the lab or backup prints of it.He told me that the photos are done in the lab in their store,and the photos remain on file for a few days after theyve been developed,but no longer. Now,he had me untill this statement.Why did the manager that evening not offer to go back into the computer and print more copies for me?Plus,if the lab is right there in the store and they do not have to be sent to another lab,it makes it harder for me to understand loosing them. So what do you think about this? Should I continue to use Walgreens?Should I use my free processing? Should I be even more upset after this information?
Well, it doesn't make up for the fact that you've lost the pictures of your son's birthday, but it is great that the area manager took the time to talk to you and try as best as he could after this period of time to make things right with you. I still say that the manager treated you like crap and really didn't want to keep a customer. As far as the gift card, I believe I would use it, but definitely not in the photo department. There are a lot of things other than photography stuff at Wal-Greens and I think I would stick to that stuff from now on.
@erikmama (12934)
iy,he just did it cause thats his job.I dont seem to have very good lucj when it comes to this type of stuff.I am sure you saw my discussion about the biurthday cake! Geez, what is it with me? I ended up going back when I knew the lady who was working and got several rolls developed that turned out wonderful!
@surfette (674)
I've found that over the last 10 years or so, Walgreens has had excellent customer service and the personnel goes out of its way to be helpful. I think the manager really offered a helping hand to you. After working in retail for many years, I found that the Assistant Manager has to be the "hard nose" while training and always ask for the store manager if you are not satisfied. Because of my experience with Walgreens, I would say to give them another chance, use the free processing and proceed from there. One rotten apple shouldn't spoil it for you especially since the area manager did the right thing. Just my opinion.
@erikmama (12934)
Being a hard nose in a situation like this is no way for an asst manager to act.(See my other discussion about it_.Not only was he very rude he oinsulted me and offered no remedy other than free film processing.But who wants that after you lost my other photos? Since Walgreens has such a high reputation,you would think they would teach their employees, especially on e with a managment role how to more appropriatleyt assist customers. Id also say there is more than one rotten apple here, as the asst manager treated me poorly, employyees lost my photos...I see how this store is run... Ive worked in retail ,sales, call centers, and restaruants, and I always try to relate to the customer and their needs and concerns and love working in customer service.Id never have done this. The manager who called me did sound sincere, and the card is nice.But I was also upset they could have gotten reprints of the photos, and makes me wonder even more how you loose pics made IN STORE??? However, I do find great deals at Walgreesns, and it is very comveienatn.Maybe I wil shop at another one for the deals, and always stick with Wal Mart for my pic development!!
@surfette (674)
I agree with you totally on all counts. When helping a customer, I feel that you should treat them like a family member or friend and put yourself in their shoes. There is absolutely no excuse for giggling or being rude or using the "sucks to be you" attitude. Years ago, almost all businesses used the "Customer is Always Right" philosophy and we would all bend over backwards to make sure that the customer was happy and left the store with a smile. I would check the stockroom, all understock and any place I could think of for every customer to try to help them find what they needed. If the merchandise was damaged or not right, I would treat them with the same respect and friendliness as if they were just purchasing. Unfortunately now the attitude is "Sorry, Charlie" and "There's Nothing I Can Do" and that is the mantra that comes from the corporate office on down. I purchased a four pack of toilet paper at Walmart the other day and it had a big slit in the package where the stock person had slit it when opening the carton. I told the cashier that I would accept it, but please mention it in the morning meeting. She said, "It won't do any good". I said that's a shame because it should be called to their attention. In other words, she was telling me that she didn't care and the stock person didn't care and the management didn't care! I told her that it's a rotten shame that no one took pride in their job anymore. If that had been me, I would have called over a supervisor for the customer's benefit and report the problem, if only to show that she had any interest at all in the problem. Obviously, she didn't. That was the second incident in the same store on that particular day (deli problem too). Normally we don't shop at that Walmart even though it is the closest to our house because of the attitude. We only went there because we had snow up to our eyeballs and I didn't want to do that much driving. Next week, we go back to the other Walmart. With the economy in the toilet, you would think that these stores would treat the customer's better, but it is a management problem that filters down to the employees. The only way we can fight back is to not shop at that particular store and tell everyone we know.
@natnickeep (2340)
What were these pictures of again. Maybe the photo guy thought you were hot and snatched them! Funny thought but not funny about your pictures.
Sorry entered before I was done, multi tasking confuses me sometimes. Anyhow, I sure wouldn't use that particular walgreens anymore. I always do the 1 hour at walmart when I need to, that is one reason I love my digital camera, not so much trouble.
@erikmama (12934)
I plan to purchase a digital camera. Using another Walgreens is a good idea.Although this one is really really conveianant as it is right beside my sons daycare.I am glad they did try to make it right,but my photos were of my sons 4th birthday and I cant get them back.
@lelin1123 (15645)
• Puerto Rico
I would be furious to know that when you were originally there to pick up the pictures the Assistant Manager could have reprinted another copy. How stupid are they. I would not be using Walgreens again if I were you, or maybe a different Walgreens. They can't all be stupid employees or could they be? I'm so really sorry that this happened to you. Its really comes down to someone not during their job correctly which I think happens alot these days. I don't think people especially the younger generation take alot of pride in their work like they use to years ago.
@erikmama (12934)
I ended up getting a gift card in the mail, and I decided to use them again.I wasable to use my gift carfd and free roll of film and the picures turned out wonderful this time.I did wait til the day I knew the lady in the photo department just as anadded precaution.I was so upset I can not even begin to tell you! I agree it happens all the time.Instead of being surprised when i get bad service I am surprised when the service is actually good...
I am glad they offered you a gift card. If I remember right you said you did get one set of them so why not take that 25$ gift card and get them redone that way? I know walgreens is a good store where I am at and I am glad to hear that they tried to apolgize and remdy the sitaution. Thanks for the update and happy mylotting to you.
@erikmama (12934)
I will use the gift card, but im not sure I want to take in more photos to them.Ive always shopped there and always get good bargains through their clearance and sales. I am galsd he called as well, and it seemes sincere.Not sure what I want to do though!!