How do I get this out of my head?

My daughter over drafted my account $238.00 I can't believe this again. I told her not to use my card last night. I said I only have $13.00 in my account. she went to an atm and got money out. What in god's name am I to do next month? My ssi check is already not enough for the food and bills.
@shell2784 (752)
Um... first of all, I wouldn't let your daughter have the card anymore. I'd also make her work it off! I know how tight living on SSI can get as I have two friends who rely on that check every month... and its not easy. Does your daughter work? Or have any kind of savings? Or hell, sell her television. But she truely needs to learn how it feels to be in that position... then maybe she'll understand more! Do you not get food stamps to help along side your ssi check? I would apply for those ASAP if not! I wish you the best of luck. If i can help with a walmart/weis gift card or something towards your groceries, let me know. It may not be much, but I always do what I can. But again - PLEASE make her accountable for this mistake... one way or another.
this. totally agree with shell2784. make your daughter accountable for her actions. i have heard a lot of stories, sad ones, from clients who rely on ssi checks and must do with the little that they get. living paycheck to paycheck comes to mind. sad reality really but there's something that you can do about it. first is to make your daughter work for/pay off the money that she owes you. second is to keep your card info to yourself. you may opt to keep your card secured and away from your daughter, lest she does this again. you may also have to change your pin so even though your daughter gets a hold of your card, she cannot withdraw funds from it. third, talk to your bank. some banks would offer you a lower amount so that you may pay off the debt and close the account altogether. contact the bank if this is possible and see if you can enter to any hardship program. hope this helps.
I don't know how old your daughter is - but with what was said above..a bout talking to the bank and maybe work with them on it... you could always report the card stolen... that'll learn her!
@ronnyb (6125)
• Jamaica
Wow I feel your pain because I am also in debt the only differrence is that my debt is my own doing .She has really wronged you because she has not only set you back 200 dollars that you could have used in case of emergencies but has also exposed you to teh high interest rates that teh bank will no charge you on and oevrdraft credit card
Well, I think the first thing that I would expect out of her is for her to give you back the money that she took out of the ATM. Then you can put that back into the account to try to rectify the situation to a certain degree. The next thing that I would do would to change the pin to my account so that she wouldn't have access to it anymore. I don't know how old your daughter is, but if she is within the age that it is appropriate to ground her, I think I would do that as well.
you should not let your daughter use your card. request for new pin number or card. and keep it in a place that she don't know.. Then talk to her about what you felt for what she did.
@sedel1027 (17855)
I would go down to the bank and have the card removed for your account effective immediately an dhave a new card issued only to you with a brand new pin number. Knowing that she did this in the past, why did you allow her to have access to the card? I agree with the others, she has to work off what she owes you. After she pays you off, help her open her own account that she has access to. You may also want to sign her up for some personal finance classes, sounds like she needs them.
@PastorP (1174)
giftsandbagscom. The Lamb and Gladi have some good ideas here. However, if you think you need a credit card, keep the one you got away from her for good and have her pay you what she owes. If she knows your CC number, get rid of it, and get a new one.
@Gladi472 (82)
Tell her to get a job to pay for the money she took =).In case she finds a job and still doesn't have your money at least u will know that it was a good experience for her and will help her get a better job in the future... This of course is if she has the age between 14-19