Will American Idol Still Be A Sucess?

@erikmama (12934)
First it was paula abdul who left American Idol, now Simon Cowell says this is his last season. Although not a huge fan of the show,I liked to watch reruns on tv guide channel and hear him and paula go back and forth with each other. Do you think Simon can be replaced? Will the show continue to be great without them?
In my honest opinion, I think that without Simon Cowell, American Idol will die. This is really a shame to say too because American Idol has been great for many things. The first one is that it has been a huge hit for Fox. The second thing is that it has given many ordinary people the chance to have their fifteen minutes of fame. And, hey, there have also been some wonderful singers that have come out as a result of this show.
@erikmama (12934)
I didnt watch the show a lot, but when I did,Simon was always entertaining. And I think he did make ths show what it is now.
@bounce58 (17550)
I think it's about time that Simon leaves the show, or gets replaced. I think the viewer ratings have been declining for several seasons now. I believe the novelty of the show, and Simon being such a harsh (or honest) judge is wearing off. I'm sure Fox would search high and low to find a better replacement for Simon. Now, if the show will continue to be great without him, it will all depend on America.
@erikmama (12934)
And He's Outta There - Maybe this was his reaction to leaving american idol -Simon Cowell
I don't know-I think mos tpeople like Simon,even if they say otherwise.He keeps the show..entertaining...It will be different without hima an some getting use to.
@amybrezik (2123)
The show will definetley be different without Simon on the show. I would say that he was the best judge. However, I bet they will replace him, and I wouldn't be surprised if the show makes it another season or two. It probably will lead to the downfall, but look how long it has already lasted. There are those diehard idol fans who don't care at all what Simon thinks, and there are probably many who are glad to see him go.