How do you deal with your typos and grammar mistakes on myLot?

Ok, I know the answer. Hit the "preview discussion" button after typing out your discussion or response and CHECK your writing. Admittedly I have been lazy and just hit "start discussion". But then I'll read it after it posts, and kick myself when I see all these dumb mistakes. Bad writer, bad! I just wrote a discussion on vegetarians. I stupidly put vetarians. I can't edit to say I oofed on the spelling. Oh well, I guess. Do you ever feel like stamping a big DUH on your forehead??
@saphrina (31740)
• South Africa
Can you tell me if you are human. JUST KIDDING. I make a lot of stupid mistakes as well. But you know, if you cannot make mistakes, then you are not human. You know we at mylot are not perfect and we can still read and understand what you wrote, so don,t worry about it, we still like you, i think. What do you think of this perfect little spelling piece of mine.
Ha ha. Last I checked I was human - ha ha. I suppose I shouldn't worry about it but it sure feels embarassing at times. Awwwww - am I still liked? Hee hee. Oh, did you proofread your paragraph here carefully? Technically, you did put a comma instead of an apostrophe in "don't" - hee hee - but who is counting - hee hee!!! Here's to us silly humans!
@saphrina (31740)
• South Africa
It is my comma, i can certainly put it where i want to. But, yeah after this, i will consider the liking, part, very ,very carefully.
Hee hee - you know I'm just kidding - just like you were kidding! As humans, we can do friendly jabs at each other, right? I'm sure I have some sort of mistake in my comment here, so who am I to talk. I will create an error just for you so you can pick on em . . . I mean "me" - hee hee!
@novelcai (603)
hi there much2say. im from philippines. i can speak and write english better than my co-workers but i know i still have a lot of things to improve, specially on my grammar. and you know what im good in science but im very bad in spelling hehehehe. the time i read your discussion and the comments and also your reply you really make me smile. because it really happens to me i must say lots of time:) here in the philippines text messaging are really in! and you know what sometimes while im typing a message on my mobile i dont read it back to check, i just send it immediately specially to my ex-boyfriend when we are exchanging some arguments. then after a while and check to my sent messages and have time to read it, like you i feel ashamed and just say yikes! hehehe. now here in mylot as long as i can say my main topic even its not grammatically perfect even on the spelling i dont feel bad coz im happy to have opportunity to communicate people here in mylot :))
That is true - as long as you have made an effort to communicate and people know what you're trying to say - it's ok to have these little errors here and there. It's funny how we go back to read what we write and look at all the mistakes - but as everyone has said, we're all human. I think everyone can improve on even their own native language. Spelling, I guess, isn't a science - hee hee!
@novelcai (603)
yeah sometimes its funny if we know our mistakes but not all the time its on a funny situations. hehehehe i remember my self asking my sister which on her elementary period just to ask the spelling of a very simple word and she makes laughed on me :) because of that i downloaded a dictionary here on my computer to avoid asking her again goshhhhhhhhhh....happy mylotting
Hee hee! Well, it's good that you even take the time to look at a dictionary now - hee hee!! I am to lazy - I'll use the dictionary that's in my head - and for sure it's not always correct - ha ha.!
@dpk262006 (56104)
Hi there! I also keep committing typo and grammatical errors despite my best efforts. I know mistakes happens inadvertently but they do accur. If my mistake is a big one or it amounts to change of meaning of my response/comments, I immediately type a corrigendum to correct my errors. If I can not do so, I presume that my friends would get the meaning of my comments.
Well said my friend, we do.
@dpk262006 (56104)
Thanks sweetie for your comments.
dpk262006 - It's nice to hear there are others who make these mistakes as I do . . . I guess I'm not alone - hee hee. It just seems like when we see our own mistakes, it seems much worse than it really is - if anything it can be mighty embarrasing! I think, too, that our friends will understand what we mean - and be understanding of our silly errors.
@sweetie1026 (1723)
Yes, i do feel that way too, when i mistakenly hit the post button rather than the preview button. So to let people on here know that i made a mistake, i make a comment to my first comment so as to make clear of what ever error i have made.So, it would be easier for them to understand my point.
Good idea! I wonder if everyone would actually read the first comment though. Thus far no one seems to have made mention of my spelling error - so I'll just let it be - hee hee. I guess even with the error, it gets overlooked if one skims by it. It's one of those "you know what I mean" errors.
I don't pay much attention to them really, as long as i get the point of the poster, it's ok. We all make these mistakes one or the other anyway.
It's good to know others make sily mistakes as well!
@dawnald (84131)
• Shingle Springs, California
What typos and grammar mistakes? Well seriously, I just usually proof it once and then submit. The only time I preview is when I upload a photo, because if I don't the photo usually disappears. And when I hit submit, THAT'S when I see the typo!
Yes, what typos and grammar mistakes? I hope everyone overlooks them and could care less about my mistakes. You all know what I mean, right? I haven't uploaded any photos yet . . . I'll have to try that sometime. Do you have to hit preview for that - I don't understand why the photo would disappear. At least you don't have to worry about typos on a photo!
@dawnald (84131)
• Shingle Springs, California
It's just a myLot glitch. If you don't preview first and see that the picture's there, it often isn't.
I dont hit the preview button but go through what I have read and if there is a spelling mistake or a wrong typing there will be a red line showing it which becomes easy.
I was supposed to share my experience. I am using Opera which I have recently downloaded and I find it very convenient. What I could not do with my old varsion of IE and chrome I am able to do with Opera.
I used to hit the preview button, but perhaps that was when I started myLot and was being more careful. I've gotten too lazy about it and started posting before proofreading my writing. We need an editing button for lazy people like me - hee hee.
I don't deal with my own typos and grammar errors when I am on here. The majority of the time when I find that I've misspelt a word it is because my mind ahead of my fingers and I will accidentally drop a letter. I've never thought to preview and check my spelling. I guess when I make typo, I just realize that every human is prone to error and it happens from time to time. Oh, and I also have to say that the backspace key is one of my best friends.
Hee hee - my mind often gets ahead of my fingers too! I'll even omit words because of that (I'm sure I've done that here). I type rather quickly too - so there's plenty of potential to make errors. Yes, we're all human - and I suppose I shouldn't worry about myLot errors too much - hee hee. Backspace key - HA - me too!!
@flower21 (766)
well, once it is submitted their is nothing to be done and i am too is very lazy in editing i type directly to pas it. it is then after submitting i notice my typos so funny and it is already too late to correct.
Yep, once you hit post, the deed is done. It seems like I proofread my writing after it has posted - which is not the time to do it! I'm too lazy for sure . . . and even though I said I would start proofreading better, I'm sure I'm not going to spell check my darn writing - hee hee.
Yeah i always do that, hit start discussion and boom i see typos. So i try to check my spelling while im typing them.That way i go straight to post response or start discussion. I have encountered a lot of discussions where i see typos, and i don't mind as long as i can understand them. doesn't matter if it's got loads of typos. I tell you im very cautious while typing this hahaha
Ha ha! Were you typing on eggshells in your response to my discussion here? I've overlooked other people's mistakes in their discussions as well - I only hope people do that for me too - hee hee.
when i goof up my writing, i just laugh it off, i mean nobody's perfect and they aren't correcting us on the way we spell, but what we are trying to say....
Yep, that's all we can do - laugh it off. I can make all kinds of mistakes on myLot and I'll still have my friends, family, and the shirt on my back . . . so there's no need to worry about errors in our writing on myLot. All except that we may be a bit embarrassed!
@Fulltank (2896)
I try to type my sentences in the MS Word and then paste it here. These way my errors would be corrected. Not only the spellings but rather how the sentences was constructed.
I can easily use MS Word as well, but I just type it in myLot and post away. I'm horrible for not taking the extra step to ensure what I write is correct. So easily these mistakes can be corrected . . . I'm just not doing it!
@lingli_78 (12846)
i usually check my spelling and grammar as i type to avoid typo errors... but sometimes i can miss it and only realise the mistake once i submit the post or response... when that happen,i can't do anything anymore and i can only let it go... take care and have a nice day...
Yep, we can only let it go . . . and boy have I let it go all too many times - hee hee! I tend to skim over my writing, but somehow my eyes get better after I hit post - THEN I see all the mistakes - hee hee.
@skbrence (476)
As of me, when I have typo errors especially the URL ones, I just comment/respond on that post of mine where I had my typo, I would write the correction for it and I would ask forgiveness about it since I led the person reading having the wrong link/wrong information. That's what I usually do. But now, I am REALLY CHECKING first everything since there is no "EDIT" button... xD
Ask for forgiveness? Hee hee. I think most of the time I hardly mention it - hoping that it was overlooked by everyone. I guess when we see our own mistakes it looks ten times worse! Yah, I'll have to really check everything better. Where is that edit button when you need one?!