Just Shave It

@erikmama (12934)
OK...This disucssion was promted after I seen a man today. It is mostly for MEN,but of course anyone is welcome to asnwer. So the question of the day is...drum roll please... Going bald is just a fact of life as a person ages.So when the hair is almost gone, why sont you just go ahead and shave it al instead of leaving small patches of hair? I dont mean slight balding,i am talking about almost all gone. I understand you want to keep whats left or its hard to do or whatever, but I think bald would be much,much sexier/ The guy I saw today had a U of harie left,that was divided by a bald spot. It looks like he tried to get a fade in the back.It was really funny looking at him. So if you wanna share your thoughts, I wanna hear them!!!
• Atlantic City, New Jersey
Oh how I couldn't agree with you more on this one erikmama. I have a very close male friend, we started off as co-workers and became close friend quick. I turned to him one day and said- why don't you just shave that little bit of hair you have on the sides of your head off already...it makes you look older with the bald spot in the middle of your head (at the time he was only about 35 but he looked a good 45 because of it). At first he took a bit of offense to it but after he went home and thought it through he showed up that later that week to work with a shiny new bald head lookin 10 years younger :) I was soo proud of him for getting the courage up to do it. I know it must be hard for men as they age to lose their hair... I mean I couldn't imagine where I would be as a woman with no hair. My hair means the world to me...lol. Im sure its probably a turning point in any mans life and I'm sure it takes alot of courage! I was very proud of my friend and to this day (10 years later) he thanks me for pushing him to do it!!
@erikmama (12934)
I am sure it is hard for me, but if they only knew that they really do look better when there head is just bald compared to having a few pieces in their own world up there... But theret are things in life that sometimes leave,and we gotta let it fgo! This inludes hair!~
@lelin1123 (15645)
• Puerto Rico
I agree with you once a guy is that bald they should just shave it completely. Its looks so much better and sexier then what is left on their heads. The comb over has to be the worst though.
@erikmama (12934)
Hehe! I agree! Sometimes we have to let go of things,and the few strands are one of those things! I promise, it willllook sooooo much better!!
@obe212003 (2302)
quite frankly, at my age i look like the guy you were describing as above, but i am not offended, okay.. i was having thoughts of shaving it, the looks of Michael J. or whatever, but i think that i feel more sexier and appealing of what's left of it. lol! and much more, it sometimes feels good to touch my head with little hair instead of having the shiny crystal ball look.
@erikmama (12934)
Im sorry! I didnt mean to offend you... Some men can pull it off better than others, and the man I seen just wasn't getting it right. But once there is no saving it it really does look better to go ahead and elet it go! But if you are happy,then forget wht I or anyone else says.You are the most important person to please!!
@mhagskier (323)
I agree with that take away what is still there if in the end there will be nothing is left. For me bald is sexy. But as what some people like to keep what's left, it's their decision so just respect it. Never laugh to those people who don't look good in your eyes.
@erikmama (12934)
You are right it is his choice to go around looking silly if he wants to.I didnt laugh at him,just stared like WHY?
@bounce58 (17550)
Luckily, I still have a full head of hair. Although some are already turning white, it isn't noticeable unless you look too close. As for me, if I start balding, I would shave it all off. I wouldn't want to be caught hanging on to a few strands. I've tried a clean shaven head when I was younger, and I liked it. But if I go by my dad's experience, I don't think I'll grow bald. Knock on wood!
@erikmama (12934)
Maybe you will be like him and keep it all.Ive heard there are alot of things that cause it such as wearing caps,heredity,etc.so you have a good chance!! But if you do I am glad you will sgave it al off.It looks so silly with patches of hair on your head.
My husband is starting to get a bald spot, but I don't think anyone would ever be able to convince him to shave his head. However, my youth minister from high school had premature balding and he did finally just shave his head. It wouldn't be right for me to say that I thought it was sexy, however, once he went ahead and shaved his head, I saw that it was really fitting for him. Besides that, he would have probably ended up pulling out what hair he had left because he had six children of his own.
yeah. I totally agree with you. Firstly, I am a girl. Semi bald is funny for me too. Why don't they just go bald directly. No offense to anyone!
I agree so completely that I wish I could hug you right now. Whenever I see a relatively attractive older man with a comb-over or a transparently comical shape of hair on their head I just wonder, "Don't they know how much of themselves they reveal with just that small visual detail?" It makes them look desperate to beak back the 'evil' clutches of Time itself, and misplaced desperation is never a good look.