Have You Ever Faked It?

@erikmama (12935)
Sorry to disappoint you all,but I am not talking about in the bedroom!! Of course if you want to share that answer as well, we can make this a 2 part question!! So my discussion is about faikng a phone call or text message when yo usee womeone you dont want to talk to, someone is bothering you,etc. I did this today when a guy I saw I did not want to talk to.So I am wondering who else has used this as an escape tricK
@CJscott (4184)
I have not done that. I am almost incapable of treating people in this way. I would much rather be upfront. I would prefer to tell them, I don't want to talk to them, then hide behind an excuse. Many people call me rude, and all sorts of other names for it, but I think it is better to be honest. Just my thoughts, and I know it is very difficult for some people. Cheers.
@bounce58 (17555)
That's kind of difficult CJscott. But in the bigger picture, I think you have the better approach. Some just want to pretend, and pretend to be nice, so as not to offend others.
@CJscott (4184)
It is easy actually. Sometimes I regret it, but the instances of regret are short lived. It is very tactless, though I will admit that. And like I said before, I do get called all sorts of nasty names, but for some reason or another it just doesn't bother me. I am far nicer online, when I am reading a discussion here on MyLot for instance, instead of actually answering how I would normally answer, I simply don't answer, which I hear is a great way of going through life. I work on it from time to time but never consistently, I should maybe I would get along with more people if I worked at keeping my mouth shut more often. Cheers.
@erikmama (12935)
I have to agree. Honesty doesnt work.Especially with men.Tell them you got a man,o well.Not interested?O Well.I agree it is something done to try to save a persons feelings.Oe of those little white lies we all do from time to time. I see nothing at all wrong withit.I mean,if they dont get the point from the start..
@bounce58 (17555)
I think I have done this a few times. I keep two cellphones with me, one personal and one business. So it is easy for me to pretend with either cellphones. Heck, I could even call one with the other using fast dial, just to let it ring. I haven't done that though. I imagine, it would be weird having both hands in my pocket.
@erikmama (12935)
Yea,kinda like 2 men going into the bathroom together! LOL!!
@bounce58 (17555)
Thanks for the BR tag!
@faimei (128)
I have done it, well twice. The first one was when I don't want to talk with the person right at this moment but I'm afraid to hurt her feeling since she's really emotional and every little thing is a big deal, so I used it as an escape. I would rather not talk to her right now than trying to listen to her without me hearing or registering what she said in my brain. The second one was a prank, it happened was when I was in a phone conversation with my mentor for official purposes and school related. He happens to be 'the crush' of a friend. I told my friend that he said hi to her. =D. Oh well, i told her later and she got mad but everything is alright now.
@erikmama (12935)
I know there are times even people you normally talk to you just dont want to see.Noting against them , but to avoid it being taken wrong, this is a great thing to do in my opinion. Haha,thats funny! You made her mad!! Well,atleast she didnt stay that way long.
@BART78 (2933)
hahaha! i had story and faking call really works, i was with my ex-girlfriend family and i'm thinking to bail out, so i sent a message to my sister to give me a drop call, when i have that call i pretend i was talking to my sister and it is emergency, they need me at home...it works...
@erikmama (12935)
HAH!! Works like a charm everytime! I actually started sending texts to myself...good thing they are unlimited! Ive tried reading a newspaper or book,but people are rude and keep talking!!
• Puerto Rico
Hehehehehehe! Of course I have! Who hasn't? It's an old trick that always comes in handy when you want to get yourself out of a possible awkward moment. It has worked wonders for me.
Well, I've never had to do this. However, it is a trick that my mother has to use on a regular basis with her best friend. Anita will call her and be on the phone with her for hours at a time. Mom will usually write one of us a note to either holler for her or to call her cell phone from one of our phones so that she will honestly be telling her friend that she has another call coming it. This is a trick that works like a charm and it is a trick that I will use if the need ever arises.
@erikmama (12935)
Let's hope Anit IS NOT a member of MyLot!!!!! Well, I think this is one of those white lies most of us use at some poit that threres really no harm in,as long as the other person doesnt find out and take it the wrong wy.a
I can guarantee that she is not a member of Mylot. She calls me all the time to look up phone numbers for her on whitepages because she refuses to have internet access in her house.
I did this plenty of times. I would always make sure it would not ring back in my ear. I hate to do stuff like this as well. it makes me feel so bad inside. However I do what I have to do to rid the person. It's a nice way not to be rude to others.
@bounce58 (17555)
Geez! Imagine the embarassment if the phone did go off, while you were in the middle of pretending to be talking to someone.
@erikmama (12935)
That would be pretty embarrasing if the phone rang while you were on it...Well,guess there goes the whole trying to save hurt feelings!!
@eurekafemme (5881)
Hello, Erikmama.:-) Yup, I have done this for several occasions and in different circumstances. I used to play with my phone whenever I am trying to pretend that I don't see a person I don't want to take to or I want to ignore. Also, I was crazy pretending to be talking to someone when my partner is thinking I am talking to someone (to make him feel annoyed). And, most especially I am doing this to tell my partner that I have plans for the day. Pretending that I am actually accepting an invitation when the truth is I am not talking to anyone else but only planning to get away from him.LOL
@erikmama (12935)
I;ve grabbed my ohine to pretned I didnt see a person as well. You better hope he never decides to come to myLot...hw would learn all of your secrets! LOL!
@Nameless_ (1181)
Aw... I'm disappointed in you. I was hoping for a discussion on something in the bedroom. But anyway. Well, I don't exactly do that to people I see often, but I do do it to my brother. Sometimes he gets annoying as he keeps talking and talking and arguing with me for no reason at all, so I just use the phone and ignore him. Anyone else? Part 2: Sadly, no. I have never had an experience in the bedroom at all, so it's not that I don't fake it. It's the fact that I can't.
@erikmama (12935)
Well, I did say we can turn this into a 2 parter!! Yea,sometimes it is great to be able to do this. Ooohhhh...noe experience?
@goldeneagle (6776)
I have used this tactic successfully a few times in the past. It works out pretty good. I used it to get away from a bad double-dating situation once. It was the best trick I could come up with on the spur of the moment without ruining everyone's good time, and we were in my car, so I could pretty well control the situation. My cousin and her date were having a blast, but the girl I was with that night was a royal b!tch, and I just needed to get out of there. I had originally planned to just take one for the team so that my cousin could have a nice evening with her date, but it didn't take long for me to get to the point that I couldn't take any more crap from the girl I was with, so I stopped in a gas station and used a pay phone back next to the restroom to make a call to my friend, who later paged me on my beeper (this was before everyone in the world had a cell phone). So he paged me as we were driving, and I stopped in the next gas station across town and used the phone again, then faked like I had gotten called in to work for an emergency. It worked like a charm.
@Fulltank (2896)
Simple, if the caller is the last person on Earth that I would talk to over the phone, I simply faked the call. How is just tell that caller "I can't hear you! or I'm losing the signal! Or my battery is nearly drained!" and hang the phone. The last one really works.
@Romaniac (54)
Oh! I do this, all the time. I agree that honesty is the best method, however, to me, it's so hard to do that. I feel like i'm letting the other person down. So, I pop open my phone, set an alarm as if it's a call, and wosh. Answer my alarm. Tell the other party I have to be leaving, something urgent has come up, and off I go (:
@warvial (1154)
Hm... I don't really faked it. I really dial for someone when I see someone while on the streets and I don't want to be bothered by him/her so that situation such as being caught in the act won't arises. I remembered a story that my friend once told me of which he encountered on the bus. There was this person who was talking very loudly on his cellphone and suddenly, his cellphone rang! So I can't imagine if I faked a phone call (pretending to be talking to someone on the other end) and then a real phone call came in at that moment, I will be 101% embarrassed.
@cream97 (29179)
Hi, erikmama. I can't say that I haven't. I know that my husband is good for something like this.... When he is mad at me, he would pretend that he would be on the phone with the police.. But they never come.... This was when he used to act fool then. Now, he does not do this. I have avoided many people before. I do different things to get them off of my chest. I may just lie and say that I have to be somewhere when I really don't.
Yes, we do all kinds of things to avoid someone whom we dislike. Its quire normal. when you are at a meeting, If you need to stop talking to a boring person, you just tell him you need to go and powder your nose. Same thing-I need to return this call. It is urgent!
Yes I did that before..Just want to escape from someone that i don't want to have a contact no more..I pretended to be my boyfriend and text the man and ask him to stop disturbing me...lol...
hi erik .. i have faked as well .. especially when i am uptight n my client keep nagging me with phone calls ..i used to tell them i am somehow engaged on the other line or with clients .. cheers