How do you organize your cd's and dvd's?

I can't seem to get my daughter's stuff to stay one place. I find the dvd's and cd's all over the house. The radio stays in the bathroom so i have them fallen behind the toilet. I can't tell you how I am feeling about this. I want to get some good system going in here. I keep mine in a closet stacked up neat.
@tangurama (206)
Like many people who have responded to this discussion, I use a shelf to separate my cds and dvds. What I'd do is arrange them alphabetically. A marker is very useful when I'm doing this because some discs don't have names or titles on it.
@Logan3745 (302)
i organize my cd my album title and the dvds my title
the best place for me to organize is copy all in hard disk and always backup sothat your file not gone
@cher913 (25893)
well i do know someone that has them really neatly in a container and has them in alpha order! now i am not that neat, but in our tv cupboard, there is a drawer that we keep all the dvds in and we have a stand for our cds. maybe you should get something like that for your daughter!!??
@angadp (203)
Whenever I get some CD's and DVD's I just store them on my laptop. In this way I don't need to take care much about physical discs. Whenever i need to take them with me a movie or 2 i copy them in pendrive and take them with me.
@setsuna26 (2410)
My honest answer is i dont. I know its a lil bit crazy but after watching a particular movie its either i just throw it in my box filled with used cd's or dvd's or lend it to someone and in return they wont give it back to me anymore so im not able to organize my cd's nor my dvd's ;)
My DVD's arent reallyanised. My CD's are usually organised by my favourite bands although not, all perfectly.
Please just go ahead and call me anal before I even get started with this one. I keep everything, meaning CDs, DVDs, and books all in their respective shelves and all in alphabetical order. All of my CDs are in alphabetical order first by artist and then by title of the album. The same goes with my books where it is alpha by Author's last name and then by title. Now, DVDs are a little bit easier to keep organized because it is just a simple alphabetical order.
@Sharon38 (1916)
• Jamaica
My daughter s a bit untidy too but her dvds and cds are at a spot where she knows has to be kept tidy. I have problems with her books and most of the times her room is a mess. I get really upset and then it will stay tidied for a day then it is back to the old routine again. She will soon be 12 though so there is still hope.
@eshaan (6193)
Earlier i had a drawer in my TV showcase where i used to keep all of them in their cases...but now when i purchased a vacuum cleaner i got an air proof bag, in which they remain safe and unharmed...no problem of scratches also...its nice getting that gift form the Eureka Forbes company...
I have a great big tower for CDs that I have filled, in the living room, and I have a box of DVDs in the bedroom.
@saizo6 (2211)
All of my DVDs are on shelves in my room. They are mainly organized by the series. I used to be obsessed with organizing them by alphabetical order and genre and whatnot but that's not the case anymore. I have way too many and it takes too much time to do this. My CDs are placed in those holders. There's no organizational scheme either. It just the first one gets placed in the front page and so on. But I do have a similar problem. My siblings like to borrow my CDs and DVDs and they don't return it after being done with it. It gets annoying at times because I mostly find it all over the house. After a while, I had to get mean and tell them that they couldn't take them anymore if they can't be bothered to put it back. My sister also had the same problem with the stereo in the bathroom. She'd make her mix CDs and have a bunch of them in the bathroom. We've had some fall into the toilet and stuff. My mom quickly solved that problem by throwing away the CDs that she left lying around so she learned really fast not to do that. Now she has a little CD holder on one of the shelves to keep all her CDs.
@megamatt (14332)
Well, the answer to this is not very well. Seriously though, there is a method to my madness. All of my DVDs that are from a specific television series are grouped together. Hopefully by series, where that is a theory. If I have a certain series of movies, then they are grouped together. Maybe by genre hopefully, at least that's what I attempt to do. They are on my desk, I'm really going to have to think of something else, as I am getting a lot of DVDs. The same with the CDs, as certain types of music grouped together, although not that many CDs.
@sedel1027 (17855)
Why don't you buy her a CD tower and tell her that she can only have 1 CD in the bathroom at a time?
@whyaskq (7532)
I have a special home for them. However, they are seldom at home. Most prefer to loiter around my desk. Only when I clear my desk will they return home, nice and neat.
Hello, I think we've quite similar habits about cd's and dvd's. I write movies in dvd's and then give them away. Sounds strange right? Yes, indeed its a queer habit. Once I watch a film I loose all interest in keeping it. Still I make dvd's and then if somebody asks for it I give it to them. They are very seldom returned, and surprisingly, I don't mind. But I am a bit serious about my software collection. I keep those stuffs in a box. I even have a tendency to hide them sometimes. I keep these softwares, OS's as jewels. God bless you all
@ElicBxn (60682)
Kids is kids - and unless you are firm that anything that's damaged isn't replaced, she will never learn - does she buy them herself with money she earns? I know I took care of my records because I had to buy them myself. I knew nobody was going to care except me if they were damaged so I took care of them. Might not hurt to put a little shelf in there for her to put them on - and remind her, if they are unplayable, that's her problem and replacing them is her money.
We have all of ours (about 250 DVD's 150 CD's) sorted by alphabetical order and put on two shelves we bought from target. Each shelf has 3 levels, and we can fit about 40 DVD's on each level and another 40 on top. The rest are really old and I already have stored on my computer in the case of music, so they are put in a box and stored in my closet just in case something happens with my computer.
@May2k8 (3634)
I'll put it on the shelf and write my name on it, usually I have split between my goods and others, so not be confused. Being in my room very easy on the search, because it close to where my bed. And, while walking will not be tripped by the goods in front.
i organize the Cd's and dvd's by weekly once or monthly once i buy to watch some movies or some professional work that I'm doing that's for studies.