How old is too old to be bed wetting?

My daughter had an accident the other night. She said she could not get up even though she tried. I am just glad my bed is in plastic. LOL I thought nothing of it and just washed the bedding. But,then I thought something else could be wrong. It only happened that one night. But,stress can do the strangest things to a body. She is 15 in case your wondering. Thanks a lot.
I don't know that I would call it bed wetting at this point in time. I know that I have accidents from time to time and you are right that these typically occur when we are going through times of extra stress in our lives. Since this was an isolated event, I don't think that I would be too concerned about it at this point. However, if it happens recurrently, I think that would be the time that I would get an appointment with the doctor.
@megamatt (14331)
Well if its not a regular occurrence, then I don't think there is a cut off age. However, if it is something there is a regular habit, then I think there might be a problem. I don't quite remember when I stopped having such a problem. I know I did. I want to say maybe ten or eleven, but perhaps I'm just not remembering right. I do know there was a certain age where a little urge would cause me to spring out of bed and I was not a very sound sleeper.
@sedel1027 (17855)
I would take her to the Dr to make sure she doesn't have a urinary tract infection, STD or other issue just in case. If she is stressed or super tired, it is possible it was just an accident.
@Margajoe (4720)
I was 17 years old the last time I wet my bed. It was rather funny.( Not at that time.) I woke up for school, and I felt like I was doing my routine things. I thought I had gotten out of my bed, went down the stairs and sat on the toilet. All of a sudden I felt wet! I was still in my bed. To my surprise, I had not gotten out of my bed. I had been dreaming . It felt so real! I was so feeling stupid. So, I would not worry about your daughter. It is probably a one time thing, like it was with me.
@lilybug (21148)
Well, what did she mean by she could not get up? She could not get up in time to make it to the bathroom or she could not physically get out of the bed? I know I have had nights when I woke up in the middle of the night and my arms were totally asleep and I thought I would not get to the bathroom in time. That was a case of I couldn't physically get out of bed when I first woke up. As long as it is not an ongoing thing I would not worry about it too much. Once would not cause me to worry about it. If it keeps happening though I would call her doctor.
@cream97 (29169)
The age of 9 or 10 would be too old. Not unless they have a bowel problem or if they are handicapped. But that is alright, things happen. Maybe she was holding her urine in for a very long time and when she woke up, she did not make it to the bathroom in time. What version did she give you? Give her a chance to explain to you what happened. She may have a good reason.
@thebestmom (1105)
it happens. she may be havign a dream that she was peeing. it had happened to me maybe once when i was in college. it happened to my eldest too, last year when he was 12. although it was only once. so i think it's nothing to worry about.