Congressional Democrats vote in support of voter intimidation!

@Taskr36 (13923)
Well it looks like every avenue has now been exhausted in the attempt to get to the bottom of why the Obama administration supports voter intimidation. Congressional republicans have been pushing for information to be released for the past year after the Obama administration dropped the charges against three black panthers who were CONVICTED of voter intimidation after they threatened voters and brandished a weapon at a voting location in Philadelphia during the 2008 election. Eric Holder and other members of the Obama administration have been subpoenaed several times to answer questions regarding their support of voter intimidation, but they have refused to answer any of the subpoenas citing "executive privilege". Sound familiar to anyone here? Well now the House Judiciary Committee rejected a measure that would have required the Department of Justice (DOJ) to explain to Congress why it dismissed the voter intimidation case. This vote was completely along party lines with all democrats voting AGAINST TRANSPARENCY and in support of continued voter intimidation by the Black Panthers. I guess I shouldn't be surprised. It looks like this is the last chance we had at finding out why Obama and Eric Holder worked so hard to keep racists out there intimidating voters. Are any democrats here willing to voice their opinions on this? I've discussed the issue here a few times and so far only one democrat on the entire forum had an issue with voter intimidation while the rest were in full support of it. What happened to transparency anyway? http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/12/20/civil-rights-panel-subpoenas-justice-department-new-black-panthers-case/ http://wolf.house.gov/index.cfm?sectionid=34&parentid=6§iontree=6,34&itemid=1515
@xfahctor (14128)
• Lancaster, New Hampshire
I have a few thoughts on all of this. First,lets replace the Black Panthers in this with the Ku Klux Klan. Let's say the KKK was standing out in front of that polling location, in full regalia, or the neo-nazzis, with night sticks. There would be universal outrage, and rightly so. Well, this is no different. Second thought is, this was reported and prosecuted all wrong. Yes, they violated federal election law, so it does fallu under federal jurisdiction. however. I am certain it also violated local, county and state laws. they could have been arrested on the spot by perhaps country sheriff's officers and prosecuted by the state's atorny general or even by the district attorny. In fact, if the crimes are different enough at the local or state level, they can STILL be prosecuted. If I were the DA, I'd be looking in to this to see what other charges I could bring myself, with out inducing double jeapordy.
@Taskr36 (13923)
I actually started 2 threads about it after it happened that were completely ignored by the left until I changed the title to say KKK instead of Black panthers, then I actually got a few responses. I just can't understand why this isn't a big issue to everyone. Voter intimidation is BIG deal and should be dealt with swiftly as Bush tried to do in this case. Do you remember the complaints in the 2000 election when black people were screaming voter intimidation because a police car was parked near a polling location? How can that be voter intimidation, but armed men yelling racial slurs is not? Sadly I think double jeopardy would attack to any charges since they were actually tried and convicted of voter intimidation. Had the charges merely been dropped prior to the trial double jeopardy would not attach. This type of legal plan of dropping the charges AFTER conviction tells me that maybe they planned this all out to be sure that nobody else could charge these guys after Obama let them off.
Sadly it seems that after a year of questioning so much of the Obama administration which includes Obama's elegibility we have not received any answers. Given the backgrounds of many Obama's staff IMO they should be in jail NOT running our country with their oily narcisstic boss. I do not think we will ever getting any answers to our questions. It seems our politicians are no longer interested or care what "we the people" want of need but instead it is all for what they get for their own personal greed.
@matersfish (6311)
I really would like to hear some Dems/liberals/admin supporters voice how they feel here. I know there are a lot of non-liberal posters frequenting myLot's political section, but only extremely few hardcore right-wingers that stick to party lines no matter what. I personally think this is a great opportunity for some supporters to air the disgust with this lack of transparency. Do we have any still thinking independently and perhaps upset over this slap in the face of equal rights and justice? Regular American folks seem to matter little if at all to this administration and to its in-step liberal supporters on issues like these. Why? Why the secrecy? Why are we being treated like we're stupid? Why have none of the nearly 50 accusations of voter intimidation--up from an average of 3 with other elections--and hundreds of accusations of voter fraud been dealt with? This is like everything MSNBC could ever say about Bush in terms of him being secrative... times 20. And I'm sure a lot of people would bust my chops and ask what this has to do with Obama. Well, these things don't seem to be "picking" to me. They're not out of context. Holder's his guy. Every terrorist is a misguided common criminal. Every person suspected of voter intimidation on the liberal side is swept under the rug. Fox news is evil and needs to go away. This is the tone set. And people want to call Beck a lying fear mongerer? Saying the writing's on the wall doesn't do it justice. It's much closer to our eyes than that.
@Destiny007 (5820)
So when this intimidation is met by gunfire come this next election, the commiecrats will have no one to blame but themselves. If that is what they want, then so be it.
@laglen (19780)
First of all, I am AGAINST voter intimidation. I feel it goes against our rights and our Republic. When people are afraid to vote..... we are not free.