Paying more on my bills..

I payed a bill this month on line. I forgot that I made the payment and also bought a $25.00 money order to pay this bill. I was waiting on the bill to get the invoice to mail it out. Well it came today so I prepared myself to mail it out. Then I saw that i paid on it already. So now I will be paid up on it till march. Have you ever payed too much on your bills? It will make it less for me to pay in March as well.
@sedel1027 (17870)
I have done that before and not really minded. I think it was one a phone bill, so I was happy having the next month off and just put that money in the savings account.
I wish I had extra money to save. I am trying to pay off all my bills. I want to have some spending money as well. Thanks
@sedel1027 (17870)
We have spending money left over after food & gas. We have our bills split between my husbands paychecks and the put money aside in savings and in the retirement plan his job offers.
@CRSunrise (2964)
I'm not sure if I've ever done that, but than I'm keeping a tight eye on our bills and money. So this doesn't always happen. Now, I have paid two months at a time before, but this has only happened when I've gotten behind on that particular bill.
I try not to get behind on bills. it means I most likely go without enough food. Thanks
@dmrone (751)
Hi, giftsandbagscom! Yes, i have paid over on my blls before, and it was a great suprise. I did it not knowingly, and somehow kept ahead on it to pay it off early and that was a great relief. One bill down, and so many more to go. I do try to do this when i can to get some of the other bills out of the way, and to have some money left to do somethin my husband and i would like to do. It also helped to cut down on the interest that i had to pay on the bill. So i saved a little extra by not having to pay as much interest.
The interest is where they make the most money. So planned to pay 10 bucks over the amount to help me rid myself of this fee. Thanks
That has never happened to me. I need to ration everything appropriately, to make sure that all the bills get paid as much as possible. I can pay them off every month most of the time, but there is the odd time when i have to defer part of a bill to the next month, but I'm still ontop of it.
As long as your not backed up your doing fine. Thanks
@RachelleNH (1409)
LOL that's not a problem I have these days...I'm only making the minimum...actually last month I panicked thinking that I missed my student loan payment-thankfully I hadn't-if I'd had the extra $, I'd have made a second payment. That's great that you'll be paid up for a month or two though-sigh of relief :)
I am trying to have my student loan waved. i am on ssi so I may have this done soon. Good luck to you.
@carpenter5 (6786)
I have done this occasionally. One month when dear hubby and I were still both paying the bills, (Now I've turned that hateful chore over to him) we both paid the electric bill. I'm reminded of a story that I heard Christian Author Max Lucado tell about this. He got a phone call from a friend who lived in his small Texas hometown. The city printed the names in the newspaper of those who had money owed to them by the town/county. And in this article, Max's mother's name appeared. He called the county clerks office thinking that he was going to get a mint of money, for some investment that his mother had made that she had forgotten about. Well, his bubble got busted very quickly when he learned that the "missing money" was 3 dollars and 50 cents that his mother had overpaid on her water bill! I never laughed so hard when he told this story!
@callarse1 (4806)
Yes, of course, and it's a nice way to realize that too. One time I paid the electric bill with money order (like you), and then I accidentally sent a check for the same month, so the following month I didn't owe anything due to the overpayment. Some people do that with their bills when they get their tax refund because they get paid little money. It's a nice thing to do, really. Take care and happy myLotting!
@whyaskq (7553)
Though you get to pay lesser in the next month, I still do not like the idea especially to banks. I try not to have any advance payment if possible. So far, I have done so accidentally once or twice, and through no fault of mine, so to speak. Before making a payment, I will often check for payment record by due date and if there is no payment record, I would made another payment in case I get late payment penalty. When I realised it, it was already too late.
yes sometimes i payed my phone bill in past for 2 or 3 months together in advance which finish the worry to pay in next month but now i am using prepaid number so no worried of bill. In prepaid we always paying in advance as we have to recharge our number first only then we can call or send texts not like postpaid in which we have to worry till end of month that how much i will have to pay in the bill.
hi, actually me and mys husband do this all the time. We have two kids but when I compute our expenses I see that we l, spend more on bills than our kids. :-((
@cream97 (29178)
Hi, giftsandbagscom. Yes, I think that I did my electric bill like this. I added an extra $6.00 to my previous bill. That way it would be easier for me to not have to pay an high bill next month.
@ElicBxn (59635)
I pay more on, say, the gas bill in the summer so the winter bills aren't so horribly high the first cold snap we have - granted later in the winter the bills go up, but by then the electric is a bit lower because we haven't run the a.c. during that time!
LOL! HI there: No, I've not paid any of my bills double for many years now, what little I get each month on disability is very tightly paid out for all my bills, but I'm glad you were able to do so and now don't have to worry about this bill for awhile right? How cool is that??
@mcat19 (1358)
I paid my credit card bill twice. I got a credit. For a while it was like free money and I spent a lot more than usual with that card. It all balanced out eventually.