do you shop online?

@DOLLYBABY (2536)
do you shop online? do you think it's safe to shop online? i never shop online before but i hope someday i will.i am not sure if shopping online is safe cause hacker and spammers are to full on the internet today and is so ready and willing to get access to our credit/debit visa information.even if a hacker or spammer is not the creator of the site at times they can be in our computers and we don't even know that they are there,and the moment we try to do online shopping is right and appropriate moment for them to get access to our credit cards,am i right or wrong?if there's any tips you can give me on how to shop online it will be much appreciated.
@schulzie (4064)
I have been shopping online since 1997 and I have had no problems whatsoever. I find that it is cheaper many times to buy items online and it is also very easy to do price comparisons that way too. I use either my credit card or my paypal when I buy online and I always buy from a retailer that I know is trustworthy, i.e. Amazon.com, Shoes.com, etc. I hope you have the same luck I have had with online shopping. Have a great day and happy myLotting!!!
@DOLLYBABY (2536)
from 1997 that's way back...that's long time ago..wow that's a lot of years of shopping online...i guess you must really be secure and trust shopping online....well thank you for sharing your experience with me...i hope that one day when i shop online everything will just work out fine as well as how it did for you.
I love shopping on line. I prefer to shop on line because I can find more variety, and I can shop at my convenience. I can also shop from home, and just have it delivered. it's wonderful!
@DOLLYBABY (2536)
i know a lot of people may love to shop online because of laziness to get up and drive to the stores/malls....and then again most people who shop online are working class people who is very tired and don't have the time to drive by the stores/malls to go shopping...so i totally understand why it would be convenience for you to shop from the comfort of your home....i guess i would love it too whenever i start doing it.
I have never shopped online because i too think that i may fall prey to hackers. Again, i don't know exactly, the procedure for online shopping. Can anybody describe it to me. Thanx
@DOLLYBABY (2536)
well thank you for haring this full detail on shopping online.
@danitykane (3192)
hi dolly, I'm actually scared of getting my credit card hacked. I mean, who doesn't? I actually purchased some software online, I did it like four times and I am glad that nothing bad happened. I always make sure that the site has security protection thing...lolz but as much as possible I avoid doing transactions online. However, the tip that I can give you when shopping online is to make sure you know the site you are entering, the payment processor is legit and has security protection. Use your home internet. I mean, don't make any transaction via wi-fi or other free hot spot internet connections.
@DOLLYBABY (2536)
nobody would want their credit card to be hacked in this time...when the economy system is to bad and besides that we all have to work hard for the money we have..so we value it very much.what type of security protection am i suppose to be looking for?
like VeriSign.
@chiepao (718)
hi dolly, I sometimes shop online. Not only that it's so convenient, but some has almost the same price as the prices on the mall. The only con on shopping online, is just like what you said those hackers and bogus sellers. We should only trust those who are certified and has positive comments on them. In the modes of payment, there are sites like paypal or alertpay that is a safe way on paying and receiving funds online. :)
@DOLLYBABY (2536)
i guess before i ever start thinking of shopping online i need to do a lot of research on the sites and the safe and secure methods to go through....i would just follow your advise any ways.
I have shopped online with eBay and a supermarket (only due to the fact that Im 8 months pregnant, it had snowed really bad and I dont drive!) Aslong as you research the company that you are wanting to shop with and they are well known, they usually are trust worthy. I have never had any problems with my details being hacked. If you are wanting to use a certain site, research it. Ask friends and family what online shops they use. If you still are unsure, ask someone to check the site out for you, whether it is a secure site or not.
@DOLLYBABY (2536)
well someday i will check out that ebay store that everyone keeps mentioning here to me in this discussion....i don't really know if it's worldwide or not..but i guess i would have to check it out to make sure of it.
I do a lot of my shopping online. I like to shop for Christmas presents online because I earn free Amazon gift cards and with these I am able to shop for free. Additionally, I've also bought many electronics online because the prices are a lot better than they are in the local brick and mortar stores. The reason that I shop online is because I know that they are safe in and of the fact that we have to use credit online and we are protected by the credit cards.
@DOLLYBABY (2536)
well i just could understand why you shop online and why you love to shop online very much....if i did had free gift cards and so forth i would use them to shop online...cause there are not at risk at all in using gift card to shop online i think.
A lot depends on the shopping sites in question. I don't often shop online any more, but in the past when I have bought anything online it has been from sites such as Amazon or Ebay. I do have concerns about how secure transactions are but overall I prefer to go shopping so I can see the goods I am getting at the time.
@DOLLYBABY (2536)
yea i don' t blame you i would rather go to the store or mall to shop for my clothes and shoes so i can physical touch and see them it...to see what they exactly look like and if they will fit me correctly.
For years now I have shopped online for about 75% of all my purchases except groceries and household goods. I always use my Discover Card for these purchase as this card gives a different secure account number for each purpose so the seller cannot see my actual card number. This makes it very safe as when the secure number is use more than once it raises a red flag. I have never had any problems at all using this method.
@DOLLYBABY (2536)
well glad to know you have already been shopping online for most of your home supplies......someday i will too..
@mflower2053 (3227)
I think it really depends on the company. If its a company I trust like amazon or a big company store like target or walmart then I trust them. Alot of those buy these e-books you will get screwed as soon as you put your info in. Its horrible to go through. Messed up some stuff for me. As far as ebay I like that you can go through paypal and you can trust them to get your stuff and not give out your info.
@DOLLYBABY (2536)
wow...well i wouldn't wanna make the mistake and get messed up that kind of way especially with a visa card....but i will just shop on online stores that uses paypal...so i doesn't lost anything at the end of the day.
@Opal26 (17690)
Hi Dolly! I have been shopping online for quite a few years now! And I have not had any bad experiences using my credit cards! I was afraid in the beginning, but I have bought jewelry, clothes, furniture, books, CD's and never have had any problems with anyone stealing my card numbers or anything else! It is relatively safe, at least I think so! I have bought things from three different sites so I have felt pretty comfortable buying things online!
@DOLLYBABY (2536)
well i guess some of us are scared somewhere or another...the first time in trying something new...like shopping online...but i guess everything is all worth the risk of trying....so i know that day would come where i wold take the risk and chance of shopping online based on the advise and tips i got from everyone here.
@Channy88 (11)
i understand your fear of hackers, spyware, etc. But as long as you scan your computer overnight and keep your security system up to date there is no problems (unless its a new virus then things could mess up. but in most cases security products usually find a solution in no time) but many people shop online. Its alot cheaper since you can have cashbacks and etc.
@DOLLYBABY (2536)
even though some people computers may have the latest virus protection and update there are still chances their computer may still have virus,spyware and hackers....without them doing their computer is affected and have someone inside of their computer getting access to their information.
@chase717 (65)
I shop online a lot. I've been shopping online since 2004 and have had no problems yet. One problem that you could run into if you are buying clothing is that if doesn't fit and you have to return you are out the shipping cost. I always purchase brands that I'm sure on my size. Also, if an item is on sale the store may be sold out, but you can usually still get through website. Many companies offer free shipping if you purchase a certain $$ amount. Always make sure the site has https in front of webpage and look for little lock. These are usually secure.
@DOLLYBABY (2536)
well thank you so much on the tips for shopping.....even though i may say i am scared and afraid of shopping online because i am afraid of being scam/spam and get hacker to my information and possible into my computer..besides all those negative thinking it would be very hard for me to ever shop online for clothing and shoes because of my body type and foot type...they both are too complicated....i would rather go to a store and fit both clothes and shoes on in order they will fit me perfectly...cause sometimes i will wear a size six in shoes and then like someone bought a pair of shoes overseas for in size sever or five it will fit...it think it all depends on the country,style and design it was make in...but i still hope to give shopping online a try.
@Java09 (3085)
I shop online only on rare occasion.I'd rather go to the store and get the item right away.I don't like waiting for something to be shipped to me.Online there's a big chance of getting scammed out of money.
@DOLLYBABY (2536)
yea i do agree with you...i ain't waiting too..cause even when i husband go shopping for me in the states and send the stuff off i had to wait like 3-5 days before ei get it and am so anxious to receive the package/parcel...but apart from that i prefer to shop offline clothing wise so i can fit the clothes and shoe correct.
@brew2x (3096)
I haven't purchased anything tangible online since I'm a little afraid to be honest. I'm not only afraid of hackers but also I'm scared that I might not receive the goods that I will purchase. I have purchased games memberships and upgrades and so far it has been secured. Maybe I will try to purchase some dresses or shirts in the future.
@DOLLYBABY (2536)
well i take it am not the only one who is afraid and scared of shopping online....for whatever reasons we may all have....we are scared to actually tried it...but i hope someday i will use the opportunity of my online earning to shop online.....to give myself a good little treat for all the hard work and dedication i put into this online money making thing.
Most legitimate shopping sites are 'locked' to protect your information. There is probably little more risk than shopping at your favorite store, going to the doctor or going to your favorite restaurant. The moment you give out your social security number or it's equivalent in other countries and your date of birth, your address, phone number, and credit card information to ANY establishment, you up the ante on having your life stolen. There are hackers and thieves in every part of your life, not just on the Internet. One restaurant found two waiters had designed their own method for getting customers' credit card info. They had a small machine that they wore on their belts, which looked like a machine the restaurant actually used. They would slide the card through their machine before using the legitimate one. All info stored on that card became theirs immediately. Carbons from credit card use are sought by thieves by going through a lax store's trash. If those are not shredded, they contain all the thieves need to make your life miserable. The billing office may have just one person swiping customer information at your doctor's office. You willingly fill out forms listing your whole life for your doctor, yet no one worries about what they've done. They trust their doctor. The question is, can you trust everyone in the doctor's office? Do they ever hire temporary help? Do they ever hire new folks for permanent positions? Your bank has all your information. How many times have you heard their accounts have been hacked? What it boils down to is the first time you willingly hand your personal information over to ANYONE or ANY COMPANY, it goes into a computer and is there for any hacker to grab if he/she has the talent.
@DOLLYBABY (2536)
wow that's some story...see why i don't like the idea to even shop online.
@ofap10 (9)
• Portugal
I sometimes shop online, but only from trusted sites. I've bought some stuff, mostly games.
@DOLLYBABY (2536)
well that's real nice to hear.
Hmm I look for products online but when paying time I want to meet the seller or COD (Cash on Delivery). But if I'm going to pay online, I never ever did it because I'm scared of scammers and it is risky.
@DOLLYBABY (2536)
Yea i am the same way like you...
@23uday (2998)
hi friend, I will shop some times only.Shop online for buying products its a safe or bad also will be their.Some sites will be genuine which they gives guarantee products if we buy from them.Two months back i purchesed a watch from online that watch was good they given a 1 year warranty. In my opinion is we can buy from the online shopping products. have a good day.
@DOLLYBABY (2536)
well right now i guess i got to try shopping online to have this wonderful experience like you.
@derek_a (10902)
Yes, I shop on line and have done so for about 10 years or more. I have never had any problems (touch wood), but I have always been careful to make sure that my McAfee firewall and virus software is up-to-date and that when I am putting in my credit card details I am on a secure site. - Derek
@DOLLYBABY (2536)
wow that' s a pretty long time..