Convenient cooking style-microwave oven

@kevinll (967)
China
Microwaves cooking have become a popular way of preparing meals in todays fast pace world. There are many recipes circulating that allow you to get ready entire meals all within your microwave oven. For me most of time I only can heat my soup or meal. I don't know how to cook with it. My friend often use it to cook. It is convenient for them. Would you like to cook meals with microwave oven?
Ha! I usually only use the microwave when it's a much quicker option than the stove or oven. For example, I was making these frozen store-bought egg rolls today and my options were: 1.) To bake for 25-30 minutes OR 2.) To microwave for 5 minutes. Of course I chose the microwave because I was hungry and didn't want to wait half an hour! I hate how much of a difference there is between cooking times! I know that when you cook in the oven, things turn out more crispy and it's generally better for you than in the microwave (something about the radiation..) but it's just so darn convenient!
@kevinll (967)
Hi,maezee, It is convenient, me too, if i wanna quick cooking i choose microwave. So I can eat as soon as possible. Have a nice day!
@ANTIQUELADY (36488)
I still prefer to cook the old fashion way. About all i use my microwave for it to warm up, melt butter for a pie, sometimes i will fix me a potato in it but am in no hurry when it comes to cooking.
@BinaryKat (738)
I don't usually use a microwave to cook whole meals but I have used it to cook side dishes and other stuff like potatoes or to quickly soften items like cream cheese or butter if I was using it for a dessert or part of a main dish. Some things I feel taste a lot better cooking in conventional oven. I know one time I tried cooking prepackaged chicken nuggets and one of the options was to heat in the microwave. I did that and boy, those chicken nuggets didn't taste right to me.
@irishmist (3820)
Well I cook at my job, so I really don't want to cook when I get home, and I live alone so I use my microwave alot of the time.