Increase in Number of Emoticons

@sunnycool (12736)
Normally we can use an atmost of three emoticons in our discussion,response or an comment.have you ever you thought----it would have been better if you were allowed to use more emoticons while posting responses here. I think the usage of emoticons(number) should be left for the members itself coz they knew that over usage of emoticons in a serious discussion would make their response mean. The main reason behind asking for more emoticons is they come handy while expressing mainly funny thoughts---when we add comments at a funny box we had to add comments for multiple opinions(for different members) so i get to miss them and at times this might lead to misinterpretation coz those three might go for the first opinion and the rest would have only words which resembles a serious one compared to the earlier. What do you think about it---would you go for an increase in Emoticons in an response or you are just comfortable typing in lol,haha and other stuff due to this restriction.
@mrfdg1972 (3238)
Mr Cool, you gonna teach me how to use those emoticon, How do i paste them.
@mrfdg1972 (3238)
you think i got it.
@mrfdg1972 (3238)
[/b]Yes i got it[b]
@mysdianait (64058)
Welcome to the club!
@mysdianait (64058)
If it was possible to use more than three then I fear I would fill up my posts with them I'm sure I would not be the only one either and maybe myLot are aware of this and they thought it's best not to tempt us I usually use them all up every time I post no matter whether it is a serious response or comment or a fun one. They seem to add so much that I am lost without them. So I think it would be great to have more but I also understand why three is the limit
@sagnik42 (3598)
I would also love it if they had more, but you pointed out correctly. We will fill up our posts with them if we had the choice. Mylot really gives a lot of thought into their rules and guidelines. Everything is based on reasons.
@sunnycool (12736)
i cant even imagine Diana---your box would be filled with color yellow and if you were given a chance---you would go for the addition of new one which one acts as an substitute for ROFL right Mylot has done everything accordingly so neither it would be more or less its quiet balanced
@mysdianait (64058)
Yes I have to agree with Sagnik that myLot have really thought things out well. There is a reason behind every one of the things that they have implemented. I am sure I would not be the only one Sunny who would fill up the pages with yellow as there are many of us, yourself included, who can't seem to hit 'submit' unless we have used all three!
I do like the emoticons, especially since when we are joking around some people can take the things we are saying too serious. The emoticons help to emphasize what we are saying and lighten the mood to help visually express the meaning behind our words. There have been plenty of times when I have used more than the limit of three without realizing it, and then when I went to post the response it told me that I had exceeded the limit. Then, I have to go back and see which ones I really need and which ones can be removed without any misunderstandings. It is a lot more difficult to do when there is a lot of interaction in one response box, and you are trying to comment to several people at one time. I guess that I should probably just split up my response into more than one comment when responding to several people at once, but I never think about doing that at the time.
@sagnik42 (3598)
Yeah, that happens to me all the time PA. I have finally started splitting up my comments instead putting them all together. That is the only we can use the emoticons more...
@sunnycool (12736)
even i had used many emoticons PA---and at times their absence makes an response serious though it was a funny one or a one trying to pull your leg.splitting the comments to address each one would take lot of time till then we would have missed quiet a lot at the other boxes
@sunnycool (12736)
the same with me Alice i hate to see that message especially when i'm writing some big comments i use many and at times had to read over to remove and leave the important ones
@sagnik42 (3598)
A picture says a thousand words. Well in mylot, an emoticon says a million words. They really come in handy while responding. I would definitely use them a lot, if we were given the option to use more. Most of the time I use all of them (3 I mean) in most of my posts. But sometimes, when I am a little upset or busy with something and cannot concentrate properly on mylot, I ignore the codes.
@sunnycool (12736)
Wow that was a great line man---An Emoticon says a million words ---and it brings so much of joy which would be equivalent to Trllion smiles Even i skip those when i'm pretty serious while responding coz adding an lol emoticon can make things topsy-turvy no matter how serious you're it your response looks funny so i tend to avoid at times but i love them the most in here apart from my fans
@mysdianait (64058)
Are you ever serious Sunny?
@sagnik42 (3598)
I would ask him the same question. Thank you mysd for asking it on my behalf.
@hexeduser22 (5853)
Aha! It's finally my box! Woot! I'm sorry if I keep appearing and barging in to your discussions sunny...I really couldn't help myself I need to feast on those boxes and enjoy :D Before reading the responses before me I was thinking that three emoticons is enough for me but as I read through in each and every box I remember how much I wanted more emoticons to be allowed. Now I really want more than three emoticons per response or discussion because I cannot complete my smiley evolution if they were just three I present to you all a part of my Smiley Evolution: from small to big expressions of happiness
@sunnycool (12736)
haha,good to see you around man and you come to my rescue when i have gotta of this site with some offline work and everyone in here wouldnt feel bad atleast coz they have some one really funny not as funny as me though barging into their boxes.i should thank you for that and keep on doing that. I really enjoy being at all the boxes at times especially those of MSD and PA and i just love to do that coming to the emoticons i always wanted to have more and then it would be really great and a feast for our eyes if we had unlimited of them.great day.
Thank you for giving me the liberty to barge in I'm sure your not only funny in the eyes of Miss D, Miss Purple and Alice because for them you are scorching hot My only asset is my smile and I don't have those abs like yours but I'm working my way on it. Every time I see those three in your discussion they always give me the impression that they are drooling for your body in every response...Hahaha
I don't mind people barging in to my box Alice, as a matter of fact I love it because I get to interact more. I'm guessing you haven't read my previous comment on this box when you were commenting in here All of you are welcome to fuel the discussions and responses I make...super triple thumbup! :D
@zed_k4 (17627)
That's a quite cute request. You are right.. 3 are not enough..I need more of these.......LOL...
@sunnycool (12736)
hi bro,Another one joins he party except PA she is hanging out else where
*climbs down out of the tree* Here I am! I was just "hanging around".
@sunnycool (12736)
]PA you were late---keep on practicing one day you would be in time
@May2k8 (4750)
if more then a smile on, and could not stop smiling. I didn't found sunny in myLot code but I found cool.I rarely use the code though if I don't have face.
@sunnycool (12736)
infact i have started this one---to demand them to include an sunny emoticon man---it is going to be really hot so that you get to see hot and cool together.so you get to use it very sooooon if at all everything goes well.
@sagnik42 (3598)
sunny in a new avatar - a hot sunny
What kind of a emoticon will that be? Your bare body with a sun peeping from the background? To tell you the truth, doesn't seem too hot. A bit foolish, really.
@sunnycool (12736)
its you who have created it sagnik so the foolishness would be on your part.I hired some designers so i can come up with an outstanding yet glorifing and fabulous one
• Boston, Massachusetts
Hi Sunny, Nice to see your new discussion friend. i am not so inclined with emoticons. i am more focus on the message that i need to convey to friends as far as my response is concerned. i want to do more and adding on emoticons will eat some more minutes so for the meantime i refrain from using it. so i don't know how many i can use and the limit in using it.
@mysdianait (64058)
Don't you think that they help to add more expression to the posts? I seem to use them in everything, no matter whether it's a response or a comment and I would be lost without them
• Boston, Massachusetts
thanks diana for calling my attention in the importance of using emoticons. i will try to make use of it starting now. i appreciate you giving comments on my response and with due respect i will be happy to use it again.
• Boston, Massachusetts
thanks diana...i will do this more often. i stand corrected sunny. don't worry my smileys will surely be overflowing starting today and if there's a hug smiley i will use it more often. but i will make the wink smiley as my signature smiley --for my nickname--winky!
@Janey1966 (24127)
• Carlisle, England
Hello my friend. Well, it was a major milestone for me when I was allowed to use Emoticons after 200 posts.I quite like the idea that a response doesn't have to be littered with them as they be a bit off-putting to some people. And it may also stop people from expressing themselves in the written word as opposed to relying on the Emoticons to do it for them. I hope you understand what I mean.
@sunnycool (12736)
hey Janey,where is your blue star you're right janey at times they might lead to a different meaning especially when we are expressing something serious(usage of emoticons might make them funny).If one has an knowledge of using them correctly they are good indeed else it might look mean. great day
@Janey1966 (24127)
• Carlisle, England
I think I may have upset a couple of people the other day (unintentionally) and perhaps the discussion they responded to was marked negative? I don't know...but I'm not really bothered. I just try to do the best I can but it would be impossible to type on here and not offend somebody at some stage. We're not perfect after all!
@sunnycool (12736)
dont worry janey its quiet common to see a dip in your rankings in particular interests and then the star colors coz negatives have an faster implication rather than the positives.all we gotto do is keep them at bay and enjoy posting which you have alreadt started with
@mlhuff12 (799)
I never knew there was a restriction. But it really doesn't matter to me because I never use emoticons. I just don't know how to. I probably would if I knew how to.
@mlhuff12 (799)
. Thanx.
@sunnycool (12736)
Isn't easy.Now we can have a good laughcoz you have added your first emoticon in my discussion.
@mlhuff12 (799)
Yes. You should feel honored.
i would like to have as many emoticons on my post as possibly, however, i dont know how would i get it. i am contented with colon, dash and close parenthesis whenever i would express i smiley figure. i definitely agree to have many, if allowed, why not? it makes the sentence or the posting more fun and very expressive. where, can we get it? have any suggestion? Thanks!
@sunnycool (12736)
Hi Alexysabelle, you would get to use them when you cross your 200 post and infact you can start using them man.so check out the mylot code option in the left side while making a response or adding a comment at a box.you would get see them dancing in your boxes Thank you for responding.great day.
i hope i can try it now as i already reach 300+. still i am on the process of educating myself about how to use it. thanks...
@sunnycool (12736)
As you have crossed 200 you should getto start using them.but i wonder why you havent started yet
@BART78 (2932)
that's great idea sunnycool,sometimes i need more than three emoticons to express myself, i wish mylot admi. will add more emoticons like in yahoo..
@sagnik42 (3598)
Yahoo messenger really has a bunch of them. I think keeping it to 3 or 4 (if they think we deserve that) in a single post is alright. But they can increase the available emoticons. That will help us to express your thoughts better.
@sunnycool (12736)
i dont think mylot should provide so many as we get to use them in yahoo---bart,the more we are permitted to use the messages get lost in them so the restriction must be increased and it would be better if we are provided with a variety of them
@shuyin101 (206)
unfortunately they only allow members with a certain number of posts to use emoticons. BUT but but! I am going to work hard to earn it :)) for now I will just use symbolic emoticons :)
@sunnycool (12736)
do not worry man---you're just 156 posts away---so make posts and get to use them and you would enjoy using those.Thank you for responding.great day.