controversial content

Do you think there is too much controversial content on TV? I think so. I hate watching bawdy conduct on TV. I especially hate it when shows I like,like Grey's Anatomy for instance have it on. Some may be essential for the storyline, but some is just beyond belief and unecessary. There is also alot of gore on TV.
@elmiko (6640)
theres plenty of stuff to watch on tv besides that. theres more channels than ever so i just watch something else if things like that start to annoy me. i got digital cable and there is plenty of channels to choose from. the channels that don't have such things that i like to watch is diy network,espn,espn 2, and maybe green tv.
Thats true there certainly are alot of channels to choose from. I have certain shows I like to watch but I dont always careforthecontent on theshows.
I think there is a time and a place for everything. Unfortunately contoversial content often seems to encroach on programmes when you would least expect it or are shown at a time when maybe the controversial content would be better left out, as in before the watershed. But then we do have the freedom of choice with TV and can switch channels when something appears which we do not agree with, even when it means we are forced to miss a show we may have previously enjoyed. As for the amount of gore on TV, well over the years it certainly feels like there has been an increase in scenes which are visually impacting with the use of gore. But unfortunately and also understandably TV panders to what the mass market wants and that appears to be more gore, whether showing it is right or wrong.
I think that there are some realistic tv scences but I dont like the uncessary use of bawdniess or violence.
I think the channels that do have "contreversial content" either have a disclaimer before the show (like Law & Order does), or are on channels meant for adults. This doesn't mean that younger kids aren't going to watch it, but I think that's the shows' way of trying to minimize it's underage viewers. Personally, I'm not much for gore or medical dramas but I love my crime dramas, which usually contain a considerable amount of violence.
That's true. It seems like the best shows sometimes have the most controversial content.
I completely agree, completely. It used to be that cable was the worst, but the regular broadcast networks are certainly catching up in tasteless content. And I know people say well if you don't like it, change the channel. That isn't the point. Some things just shouldn't be on these channels.