A warning about a movie site.

@marty3888 (2359)
The site is ireel. They tell you they have a free membership. They tell you to put in your credit card information, but they guarantee it won't be charged. Now you are signed up, you have given them your number, now you find out the free membership is really only a 5 day trial. If you don't cancel, you will be charged 34.95 a month. So you go to cancel it, they say there is a 99cent charge to cancel online. I didn't like it, but it's only 99 cents. You confirm that you want to cancel, they give you an offer of 2.95 a month, I think for a few months. I checked no, cancel my account. Then it says your account has been deleted, there account has been charged $2.50. (Not 99 cents.)
Any time a website asks for your credit card information, you can be certain they will at some point charge you. This is why ANY time you put your credit card information online, you MUST MUST MUST read ALL of the terms of service (TOS) before joining and you MUST be certain that the site is legitimate and won't sell your information to hackers and the like. This sounds like a fishy site. It's unfortunate you had to get mixed up with them. Hopefullly there's a customer service line or something that will help you sort all of this mess out?
@marty3888 (2359)
There is.