Massage Therapy

@bronie123 (4596)
What are your thoughts on Massage Therapy?
@AskAlly (3627)
Hello from a fellow massage therapist. I love my profession. I am certified here in Canada. Our regulation gets tougher ever year. Thank goodness it weeds out the quacks. Most provinces have now implemented 3 year course before you are able to certify. I have been practising for many years and had enough hours to be grandfathered in, because the assoc. that I belong to requires 30 hours of training per year in order to remain certified I am also a Touch for Health instructor and practise Onsen reikei and reflexology Thursdays I spend at the extended care unit of the local hospital I work/volunteer with the physio therapist and concentrate my efforts mainly with stroke patients You will be able to help so many people in your career. I don't do very many relaxation massages any more. I concentrate my efforts on the therapuetic aspect of my practise. I rent a room at the local chiroprator's office and it is a privilege to work with him. I remember years ago when I would mention that I was a massage therapist people would give me a funny look, like I was a hooker or something. Thank God that has changed. Any way I got to rambling there. I wish you well and that you may do great things in your new profession.
@bronie123 (4596)
a few people in my family wasn't happy that i was getting into this proffesion but i hope i will also enjoy it like you. I am not licensed yet i still have to go for my national exam wish me luck