Don't Take That Asprin Yet

@erikmama (12934)
While we have always heard that asprin are good ofr our hearts, new guidelines set by the United Stated Peventive Force do not recomend women to take these daily, unless you are 65 or older and have suffered a hgeart attack or stroke. Apparantly it dramatically increases gastrointestinal bleeding in women. Scary. When you think something is helpoing, years later you learn it might be hurting you. Do you take an asprin daily?
@lelin1123 (15645)
• Puerto Rico
This is weird because Dr. Oz on TV said about a month or so ago that women over 50 should take an asprin a day. I brought a bottle but haven't started to take them. Now I don't know what to do. I was going to start taking them because both my parents have had heart attacks my mother had triple bypass a few years ago. So now I don't know what to do.
@erikmama (12934)
I just read this in a Ladies Home Journal magazine. Perhaps you could find the issue online, or check out the website for more information. I have always heard they were safe,topo,but seems like things are changing on a daily basis.
@lelin1123 (15645)
• Puerto Rico
Thanks for sharing the information and I will check it out.
not necessarily only in women.. aspirin is known to have an "antiplatelet" effect, meaning inhibiting the blood from clotting. this medication is indicated for people with heart problems because of its "blood-thinning" effect. the major side effect it the gastrointestinal bleeding thing... but it can happen to men too. anyone who has any bleeding tendencies are contraindicated or not allowed to take aspirin.. just a thought! (",)
@erikmama (12934)
It is amazing what a tiny little pill can do to people. I have not heard any mor news about asprin since I started this disscussion a while back;so I guess all is well at the time being!
I don't take an aspirin daily, in fact I don't take anything daily. I know there will come a time in my life where I will have to take aspirin on a regular basis because of the fact that most of the people in my family have had coronary artery disease. However, for right now I don't have a problem in my life and I don't want to take preventative measures for my heart that may cause problems with other parts of my body.