Would you rather stand on block of ice or walk on hot coals?

By RK
@ragikutty (2460)
Kerala, India
Oh my god! When I heard this question i said i would rather stand on block of ice. But later when i thought about it I know I cant do it for sure. What will prefer?
• Estonia
I think I would choose that colder option. Hot coals would be just to cruel for me, I think I could stand extreme cold better, than extreme heat under my feet. I've tried walking on snow with bare feet a couple of times, and I think it's less painful than walking on something very hot, although it isn't very pleasant feeling too.
I would prefer the hot coals. Standing on a block of ice would hurt after awhile and walking on red coals wouldn't be as bad as you could get right off. Ice tends to hurt after awhile.
@megamatt (14326)
Well neither will be pleasant, but I would have to say the block of ice. Standing on hot coals may lead to lasting injury. Blocks of ice, well you can slip and slide on it. However, the damage would not be that long lasting. So I would have to say the block of ice. I think people who stand on hot coals...well they are very brave or extremely tough skinned. I will just leave it at that.
@maiohmai (82)
Standing on hot coals surely hurts alot more so i will choose standing on a block of ice but i would only just do that if there's a worthwhile reason. =)
@mjcookie (2274)
I've already seen that question on Facebook. :-) Both are horrible, but I would rather stand on ice, because the pain would come only after a couple of seconds, whereas fire will burn my skin in no time, and it's a little bit more painful!
@Cutie18f (9563)
I think there's more pain when you stand on hot coals which will surely burn your skin. I prefer to stand on a block of ice if I really have to make a choice. I think I will be able to stand it a little longer than when standing on a hot coal. NO way.