Think for yourself

@Canellita (12059)
Is it too much to ask? I am the organizer for my local wine group on Meetup.com. I received an email asking me for details about a meetup yesterday. Well there was no meetup yesterday. I sent a detailed email explaining to the entire group the difference between a calendar note and a scheduled meetup and how to find out more information on calendar notes and how to find out more information on the venues if for some reason that info was not included in the calendar note. Why is it today I get another email from someone asking me where WINO is? If you are sitting in front of the computer and looking at the website you have two choices: 1) go to the message boards (as directed in yesterday's email) and look it up or 2) use Google. Is it too much to ask that a reasonably intelligent adult person be able to find the location of a place they would to visit for themselves? There's the internet, the phone book, directory assistance... Most people have internet and/or even GPS on their phones these days. It's like dealing with children!
@mommaj (22773)
Ah, geez what's wrong with these people? If they live in the city open the door and you can find a wino on almost any corner. Even I KNOW that. LOL Did you like my answer? Seriously, maybe they have a hard time finding WHERE to look on the page. Everyone is looking at the same screen, but we don't all SEE the same thing. Tabs are sometimes hard for me to find, as you know. LOL Maybe that is their problem. I do think if it is a club website though, that they should be able to use it. Maybe make a printout of the screens to help everyone navigate when they first join.
@Canellita (12059)
Here is the thing. If I tell you Big Lots has kids shoes for $2.50 like the ones you just bought your daughter are you not going to want to go and get her some more shoes? Are you going to send an email to ask me where the store is and wait who knows how long for the answer or will you get out the phone book and find it for yourself?
@mommaj (22773)
Geez, if it is something I want I would do everything I could to find the closest one, even stopping at a gas station and asking for directions. LOL If that is the type of stuff they are doing then maybe they aren't that interested or motivated. LOL
@Canellita (12059)
I don't know if they are motivated or not but that crap really gets on my nerves. I really had to wonder if she did that deliberately after reading the other email.
@PeacefulWmn9 (10424)
I remember going back to the work force, thinking how different and perhaps even nice it would be to spend my day among adults again. Pfffft! They were more childish than my children, who have every right to be childish...as that is what they were! Good luck heading up anything lol. Karen
@Canellita (12059)
I know I should be used to it by now, but it just amazes me every time! I have to wonder what planet some of these people come from!
@Trensue (5265)
Yes, it is entirely too much to ask. We are children. The world has tamped us down to the point that we don't know how to read. We can still figure out how to drink though.
@Canellita (12059)
ROFLOL. I will raise my glass to you!
@Tallygirl09 (1385)
LOL, I can certainly understand your situation as I have been the organizer of events too. Some people would rather send an e-mail and ask for the info to be spoon fed to them rather than putting in a little effort to find the info for themselves. Just like you, I have a problem with folks like that, it can wear on my nerves. I am one of those people who likes to find their own answers to questions and then if I can't, I'll ask. So when I deal with folks who are clueless and want me to give them every answer that can start to annoy me. What always made the difference is that I really enjoyed the people that were part of the group and the event was important to me. Keeping my focus on the big picture so to speak.. The best advice I could give is to keep all e-mails as short and direct as possible so that folks will actually take the time to read them. Good Luck and Hope things run smoother in the future!!
@Canellita (12059)
The thing is, I just addressed this situation and still someone emails me asking where the place is. I wanted to email back and say "look it up!" I'm talking immediately after I explained it.