How do you save money buying clothes?

I don't work outside my home. I make bags all day long. If not mylotting. I can do this in my nice comfy pj's. I buy pj's from target on clearance. I may buy some at family dollar as well. I take good care of the clothes I do buy. Like my levi jeans or areo shirts. Kids clothes can be bought a bit bigger. This way they can grow into them. I take second hand clothes from my friends as well. What about your saving tips?
@cher913 (25891)
i tend to go to thrift stores for things like jeans and stuff that dont wear out too quickly. just today, i went to my favourite thrift store where they had a all you can fit (clothes) into a bag for $5-, so naturally that is what i did. for t shirts and blouses, i watch for sales. we do get hand me downs as well and that helps too.
I miss the thrift stores in Florida. I hope Va has some nice ones. Thanks
@carpenter5 (6786)
There are two major ways that I try and save money. I look for clearance sales, and don't have to have the newest fashions as soon as they come out. I also shop at outlet malls/stores and consignment shops. Anyway that I can save money, I do! I am not working right now either, since the damage to my spinal cord got worse.
I find I can buy the best things I want on clearacne racks. I love to go to tjmax for this or now holiter.com or aeropostale.com
I save money by buying a lot of clothes from resale shops and garage sales. Sometimes you can find great deals at those places. Goodwill is a place I really like to shop at because they have a great selection of clothing for every size woman. Their prices are very reasonable as well.
wow..that's a cool job.making bags all day long! I save money by buying secondhand clothes.compared to buying retail or brand new,I can save a lot.one price of a brand new item is equivalent to 1or 2 pieces of lovely secondhand clothes.I also love having a dress made for me.I just buy the fabric and buttons.
@acie_21 (5647)
hi there friend.. yeah!i do save money to buy what i want... if not i ask money to my hubby ..lol! i love saving money ..budget only for my shopping!hehehe! i don't wanna get money in our income just for my shopping ..i rather save it in my bank.. i love buying clothes and accessories.. and make ups too.. i try my best to control from buying stuff that i really dont need.. im saving for our future..for my coming children..hehe! i dont want to feel any difficulties..just because i dont have money.. cause i don't know how to save... future is much important than any other material things.. thanks! great post.. take care!
We do a lot of the shopping for our children's clothing at consignment sales and yard sales. I will also gladly accept anything that our neighbors have that their daughters have outgrown for Kathryn. The two little girls up the street are one year and three years older than her, so their clothes that they've outgrown will always fit Kathryn not too far down the road. I don't buy new clothes for myself unless I need to get a smaller size and as far as my husband goes, his work destroys clothes so we buy the clothes that he wears for work from Goodwill because that is about the cheapest option that there is for him.
@mlhuff12 (799)
I never buy clothes that aren't on sale. Even the clothes that are on sale are still expensive. I prefer to buy from the clearance rack. But I usually buy from a large store called Gabriel Brothers. They carry good brands that are somehow defected. The only thing with buying there is you have to make sure that there is no holes in the clothes. But the clothes there are not used. I once got a pair of jeans there for $5. You can find a lot of good deals there.
I only buy off the sales rack (most of the time) and I try to make sure whatever I buy goes with some other things I have. I do yard sales and thrift shops as well. I remake or re ornament some things to make them fresher.
@ElicBxn (60883)
I just got 4 beautiful shirts in the correct size from Freecycle - I've gotten other shirts from there as well. I hope to be able to wear the clothes I've got until I'm down closer to the weight I want to be at.
@lilybug (21148)
I don't buy clothes for myself very often, but when I buy clothes for my kids I shop sales, clearance, and sometimes thrift stores to get them nice clothes for a low price.
@doormouse (4619)
i shop for clothes and stuff on ebay,and i go to car boot sales in the summer