Besides your own mother, is there a "mom" you admire?

We go to this parent education class once a week - much like a mommy and me situation for preschool age children. Most parents bring one child, some bring the younger sibling too (like I bring my almost 5 year old and 10 week old). But one mother brings 3 kids - an 4-1/2 year old, 3 year old, and a 10 month old. And she handles herself and the kids so masterfully - and she's really a neat person to know as well. I see some moms with 2 or more kids and they seem to be stressing handling them all at the same time - particularly if they are so close in age. This mom is always cool as a cucumber and as they say, has it all together. In fact our parent education teacher once wanted this mother to be her "understudy" as she was so good with her kids, as well as having a good demeanor herself. And not too long ago during a class discussion with all the moms, we learned that she actually has FIVE kids . . . age 9 and 7 on top of the other three!! Goodness!! Is there anyone whom you think is an exceptionally great mom (besides your own mother, of course)? What qualities do they have that make you say so?
I think that my best friend from childhood is an exceptional mother. She has five children now, the oldest is 5-years-old, then a 4-year-old little boy, a 2-year-old little girl and 6-month-old twin girls. Never that I've experienced has she ever lost her temper with the children. She is homeschooling Grace Ann while still dealing with the other four at home as well. She takes all five of the children to church with her and husband every week.
Wow - how do these families do it with 5 children in this economy? I am so amazed with large families - and a tad bit envious. Like your friend, I have never seen the mom that I know lose her temper either - and I'm sure having 5 so close in age is a handful! The mom I know wanted to homeschool her children too, but her husband says no way.
@maria1081 (1252)
I admire my friend's mom. Her name is Aurora and she's presently living in Kamloops, Canada. She took care of me and Lilibeth when we were in Canada. She opened her house for us to stay in every days-off we had. She was warm, real, kind, funny and talkative. When she was still here in the Philippines for a vacation one week ago, we visited her and I almost cried when we were leaving. I will miss her and Lailani, they were the best I had in Canada.
That's really sweet. Your friend's mom sounds like a loving person - and an extended family member to you! I hope that she can visit you in the Philippines soon again, or that you can go visit her in Canada. How fortunate you know a person like that in your life.