is it fair

@benny128 (3621)
hey all, just seeing what you fellow mylotters think, I am still very friendly with my ex's family but think this is just plain silly, My ex had a disabled father and an uncle with same condition, basically in a nut shell they both have a genetic muscle wasting condition, where they are in a wheel chair about 80% of the time. Now my ex's father owns his own house and has saved all his life and not wasted money he also paid into a private pension and isn't claiming the state one, he is looking at adapting his house so that he can stay at home and not have to go into a home and cost tax payers loads of money. He has been told because he has saved all his life and has a bit of money saved that he has to pay for the adaption himself which is going to cost him in excess of £10,000. Now my ex's uncle is totally opposite he has hardly ever worked still owns his own house but has never saved a penny and has prob wasted a lot of money in his life. He is claiming a state pension which tax payers pay for. He has just had his house fully adapted as he has the same condition and the state paid for all the costs because he had spent and wasted all his money. Wonder if there is any reason to actually save for old age when you get nothing if you do. Do you think that is fair, and any other comments would be greatly received.
@laglen (19780)
That right there explains what is wrong with socialism and redistribution of wealth.
@benny128 (3621)
seems mad that if you save and are sensible during your lifetime that you get penalised in your old age theres no reason to work and save may as well reach old age with nothing to show for your had work then you get looked after by the state