Did your see that these survey panels are joining forces?

@Thoroughrob (11750)
In My survey newsletter it says they are joining forces with Lightspeed. Do you think this will start only one site with the two of them? I really like the way they are now. Do you think it will improve things and be a good thing or do you think it will be a bad thing for members?
hi thoroughrob I got that same newsletter and I wonder' if thats going to be all that good. I get along so well in'mysurvey but lightspeed was something else. I could' never qualify for their surveys and always just got put on their sweepstakes things which does no good. chances 'of winning something like that are astronomical and thats'not what I do surveys for. I do them to make money of course and' I love mysurvey because they pay and they are fun to do and ' we get to have some say in a lot of new products to. I also like the way they are now. no changes needed.
@Thoroughrob (11750)
I like My survey, but I would not get anything from them for a while, and then would get quite a few. Around Christmas, I was able to cash out 3 times within 4 weeks. Lightspeed has some good ones and I do well, but seems to have some tech problems quite often. I hope it will be a good thing.
@drannhh (15240)
I think it will be a bad thing. I love MySurvey, but do not like Lightspeed, so that is too bad. I think I will start spending less time on surveys anyway and more time on traffic exchanges and my blog, except for a few keepers, like Pinecone, which doesn't waste people's time.
@Thoroughrob (11750)
I like Mysurvey, because you do get a few points for their screener, and a nice amount if you qualify to go further. They seen some great things to try too. We did a beverage survey through lightspeed, you had to track a weeks drinks on a palm pilot that they provided. It came with a $10 giftcard and they would send a $50 when yyou finished and sent it back. Needless to say, we have not gotten the $50. My son had to do it, and he is not happy.
@drannhh (15240)
I did that one and did get the $50, although it took quite a while before they sent it. I would not give up on them just yet.
@chertsy (3804)
I did the soda survey as well. It awhile to receive the other gift card, but I did receive it. So a total of $60 dollars to record what you drink for a week isn't that bad. I agree with drannhh, don't give up on them just yet. It will come.
@schulzie (4064)
I hadn't heard about this before now and I don't know what to think really. I belong to both and I think now there will probably be less surveys if they are down to one company instead of two. It is a shame for us as the survey takers, but what can you do? Have a great day and happy myLotting!!!
@Thoroughrob (11750)
I think it will probably be harder to get anywhere.
When I went to my e mail, I found that I actually am a member of MySurvey, I just never do them. I must have liked it better than lightspeed, cause I do not think I currently am a member there. I do think it means fewer surveys, and less payout and gift cards.
@Lakota12 (42684)
Not sure i sort of liked it being just the one as ya could answer that question or survewy this way you get so far and then you dont qualify!
@Thoroughrob (11750)
My survey was quick at deciding whether you qualified or not, plus gave you a few points for it also. Lightspeed sometimes would go for a while before kicking you out.
@Lakota12 (42684)
yup so does greenfeild sighhhh I just hate to get going good then it ends without getting earn anything!
@chertsy (3804)
Wow, I didn't know that My survey joined forces with Lightspeed. Talk about feeling left in the dark. I didn't get anything from Lightspeed about this, nor from My Survey. Hopefully, they will stick to the way it is. I really enjoy Lightspeed, I use mine towards paypal cash. I honestly don't know how things will go with these two. I can only hope this will improve things and not hurt us the members. I hate for these two to get messed up and members feel like that they have been screwed over. This shall be a interesting thing to watch and see how it all plays out. Thank you by the way for this discussion. I would have never known if I didn't come across this.
@Thoroughrob (11750)
It was in the My Survey newsletter. It is going to happen, but hasn't yet. It says stay tuned for more info later. I am not sure it will be a good thing.
@peavey (16866)
I suspect it won't be good. Probably fewer surveys and maybe less pay. I do both and haven't had any complaints, but we shall see.
@Thoroughrob (11750)
I suspect the same thing.
@dragon54u (31636)
The same thing happened with My Two Cents and Greenfield Online. There is good and bad--it no longer pays in cash but points to be converted to cash or gift cards. There are a lot of survey sites like that now. It also takes a lot more points to cash out than it used to. Lately, they've been awarding 1500 or 3000 points per survey where before it was like 150-300. I guess it's because of the economy that survey sites have decided to join forces.
@Thoroughrob (11750)
I would guess that companies are not sending out as many either. I am a member of Toluna and Greenfield is joining them, but I cannot access their surveys right now. It says tech problems try back later. Have not gotten a response.
I have not been in the habit of doing paid surveys, because I never got past the qualifiers, or seldom did. I do them when they come up for InBox Dollars and MyPoints, but I do not think I ever got started with Mysurvey. Hopefully combining them would improve the one, without harming the other.
@Thoroughrob (11750)
I have had decent luck with them although I hate the Otx surveys. I get gift cards an things all the time. I am afraid it will really be a bad thing.
@millertime (1398)
I noticed that too and I'm not sure if it's a good thing or a bad thing. I always hate to see companies merge. It's usually bad for the consumer because it cuts down on competition. I've had it happen a few times where two survey companies I belong to merge into one. It seems like I get a few less surveys after they become one company but I can't say for certain. I belong to MySurvey but not Lightspeed so I don't know as it will affect me very much but if you belong to both, it might. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
@Thoroughrob (11750)
I hate when they change like that too. Greenfield has merged with Toluna, and I haven't been able to do a survey there for a few weeks. It comes up tech issues, try back later, but later never comes. I have emailed, but no answer as of yet.
I did, I belong to them. I guess if they are combining it will mean more surveys. I don't want to be forced to submit all my information again so I hope that doesn't happen.
I haven't seen this, but then I haven't been active with either of these survey sites for quite some time now. That said, I honestly think that it will be a good thing for some of the survey sites to team up together and take the best rewards system between the two companies because I think that it will give more people the opportunity to qualify for surveys when they may not have been able to do it in the past. I guess when it is all said and done, it is going to be a wait and see situation.