Snatched cellphone...

@Hubfee (665)
Thailand
2 days ago, I was looking for a cellphone along the street whether it's a brand new or second hand. There were some people just hold a lot of cellphones and asked me if I want to buy one. I checked it and I found out that they are the best 2nd hand cellphones ever. There's no scratched and the models are quite new with high function, such as 2 megapixel camera and more. So I asked them how much. They replied me $32. And I got so surprised!! For the 2nd hand cellphones I checked out along the street were more expensive than that and they don't look good anymore, most of it were so old and scratched. So I asked to check the cellphone again. This time I found out there's sim card inside and fully charged. I checked the photo album and I found out that there were a lot of picture of someone else who's not stand around together with seller. It's weird to someone who would sell their cellphone without removing their sim card and not to delete all of their data before they sell it. I usually sell my cellphone after I got bored with it and I always empty my information before I sell it. So, I know those cellphone were snatched. I was ponderring for awhile if I'll buy one. And finally I decided, I won't buy it, not even once. I realized that they steal cellphones because they know there are people buy them. However, my evil side ,made me like to buy one because they are really good features, good quality, and so cheap that I can't find any like them in market. What about you? Will you buy one?
Well, in addition to all of the moral implications.. there are also ones of the legal variety. Buying anything that has been stolen is illegal (as is selling it). I would NEVER EVER buy a stolen cell phone. Definitely. NO ONE who wanted to sell it (and it belonged to them) would ever LEAVE their sim card in it. It's sick to think that people like these street people get away with STEALING phones and making MONEY off of it!
@Hubfee (665)
• Thailand
Hmmmm and there are still many people like to buy it and that's the reason this snatching things still going on around. You made me guilty for having evil thought for a moment. That's really good! Thank you maezee.
@polachicago (19073)
I would not buy any cell phone that was stolen. I wouldn't be happy with someone's lost. It is not the right way to buy anything. After all the only place I would trust is phone company or ebay.
@Hubfee (665)
• Thailand
Not being happy with someone's lost.... this really throws my evil want away. Thank you so much to make me feel that I did the right thing polachiago
@sid556 (31005)
Hi Hubfee, No I would not buy a cellphone off the street. I'm sure these guys will get caught. It is good that you didn't buy it either. These things can be traced. My daughter had one stolen last year and the police traced it to the next state over. If you were to get caught with a stolen cell phone then you would be in trouble for recieving stolen property.
@Hubfee (665)
• Thailand
That's what I was afraid too aside from afraid of the sin. What I'm afraid more is if the police and the snatcher seller plan together for more profit then I'll probably be in the doom. Thank you so much sid556 for sharing your experience. Somehow, to have that kind of experience is really cool.
Depends From What Person Do You Buy It. How I Know Most Cell Phones Are Selling From Second Hands Are Stolen. And The Main Thing, All Stolen Phones Are Cheap, They Could Be Even Newest Model and Almost New At All-They Sell Them Very Cheap, It Means That 99% Its Stolen... I Better Buying A Little More Expensive,but New Cell Phone...
@Hubfee (665)
• Thailand
hmmmm to buy second hand things, there might be paranormal risk hehehe someone might following his own thing........sounds scary? (^^,
Hi there Hubfee! It's nice that you did not buy the cell phone. One reason why there are more and more cell phone snatchers is because there is a big market for cheap (but snatched) cell phones. Meaning, as long as people buy things like these, there will be continuous supply as well. I don't think I would want to buy something like that. Besides, come to think of it, if I were the one whose cell phone was snatched, what would I feel?
@Hubfee (665)
• Thailand
That's right! I also experienced that myself for 2times. I was so upset that I lost my thing. And if the I would see my cellphone which was snatched is with someone else, then I might really feel weird. Especially, if that someone will tells me that he bought it at $17.......uhhhhh