Do you iron the clothes for the whole week or when you need to wear it?

ironing clothes - daily duty
@kaka135 (14068)
Malaysia
As my husband and I have to wear formally to work, and I prefer to iron the clothes for the whole week, or just iron whatever formal clothing is in the wardrobe, so I don't need to rush for ironing the clothes when I need to wear it. But sometimes when I really have no time to iron all the clothes, I just have to wake up early in the morning to iron the clothes for that day. How about you?
I hate to iron clothes so i don't do it often. I can say a year can go by and I don't iron anything. I have ironed my daughter a piece here and there.
@kaka135 (14068)
Hi there, thanks for your response. I used to dislike ironing last time, but when I iron more, I started to like it.
@rosey19 (952)
i also hate ironing that is why i instructed my helper not to squezzed the clothes after washing just hang it, this is to avoid the clothes from crumpled. in that way also i have save from electricity.
@kaka135 (14068)
Hi rosey, Yeah, that way helps to save electricity. But, when we need to wear office suit to work, I don't think we can wear clothes without ironing. It just doesn't look nice and neat for formal wear.
@PeacefulWmn9 (10424)
I try to buy things that when washed and dried a certain way don't require ironing, but for those that do, I prefer to do them all at one time so that they are always ready to wear :) Karen
@polachicago (19075)
Ironing is the last thing I like to do. I iron my clothes only if I have to. I am lucky to have dryer and only clothes I have to iron are my white shirts. Sometimes I use stem instead of ironing.
@nijolechu (1845)
Well, I store much of my clothing in boxes or in the closet. Since they are in there for a long time they wind up getting all wrinkly. So I just wait until the day I need them and then I will iron the necessary clothing that I need for the occasion. Because I don't see a need to iron all the clothes at once and they put them away because they might get wrinkly again.
@DOLLYBABY (2536)
well when i use to work i would iron all my working clothes on the weekend after i finish my laundry so i wouldn't have to get up in the morning of work to iron...and there are times when the electric company where am fromm would turn off everyone electricity without them knowing and nobody wants to wear wrinkle clothes to work..so here where am from it is wise to iron over the weekends and not waiting at the moment of going to work or somewhere to do the ironing...also if you running late too your clothes would be on the ready to go.
I can't remember the last time I ironed something. I use a combination of throwing the clothes back in the dryer if they are wrinkled, or using a wrinkle free spray that I have. One thing that I really do not like to do is iron, so I use the above methods whenever possible.
@ronnyb (6125)
• Jamaica
I usaully iron all my clothes on a sunday for the entire weekend.I think this is the best technique becaue where I am from electricity supply can be very irregular.Consequently you may wake up one morning and want to iron but find there is no electricity as had happened to me on accasion when I idnt iron all my work clothes at once
@cream97 (29169)
Hi, kaka135. Knowing late little me, I will tend to iron at the very last minute. On the same day that I have to go somewhere. I do like to iron ahead of time too. This keeps me from rushing and being late when it is time to go somewhere. I am trying to teach myself to iron ahead of time. My husband would fuss at me about this, but I still do it the hard way.
To save energy, I iron my clothes for the entire week on sundays... I already plan ahead for my week long wardrobe so that I would not be rushing every time I am off to the office.
@acie_21 (5647)
hi there friend.. since i hate ironing clothes...heheheh!i only do it when i need it to wear.. i know its a waste of electricity but im very lazy in ironing clothes for the whole week... its very tiring .. what i do since my hubby always go to work everyday..that's the only time i iron.. i dont go often somewhere else...so ironing is not really a must for me.. i dont iron my clothes actually...after its been washed i immediately fold it properly so that it wont look crumpled!...heheheh!very easily and hassle free!... thanks happy mylotting! cheers! take care!
@jkcokley (267)
I have stopped ironing. I hate to iron. I used to iron for the whole week , then changed to when I need too and then I simply went to not at all. I buy cloths that I don't need to iron. Take out of the dryer before they winkle so I don't have to iron. Yes, I am lazy thank you. lol
@dawnald (84148)
• Shingle Springs, California
I don't iron. I buy permanent press and I hang things up straight out of the clothes dryer when they are still warm.
I don't even own an iron in my house. Neither my husband or myself has any reason that we need to dress in a professional attire so we just typically wash and go. However, I do use the permanent press setting on my dryer. If I was working in a situation where my clothes needed to be pressed, I would probably press the things that needed to be done as I got done washing them so that I wouldn't have to worry about it later.
@sid556 (31005)
Hi Kaka, Well, I don't do much ironing at all anymore. I hang my clothes right up when I pull them from the dryer. Back when I worked in an office, I did iron any clothes that needed it the night before and I laid all my clothes out so they were ready to jump into. I am not a morning person so this worked well for me and gave me more time for other things in the morning.
I iron all my clothes only on Sunday because I have no time during weekday, always in the rush to go to work. After ironing I put the clothe into my wardrobe and just pick up whichever is available for work. Seldom only I iron my clothes for that day, when I have nothing to wear available in my closets. However I hate sunday, because then I have so many clothes to iron, A week full of laundry. One day I've ever Ironing for almost 3 hours.. sigh!
@Wizzywig (7859)
I dont iron much apart from my work uniform tops. I usually wash and iron either 2 or 3 at a time since I'm supplied with 4.
@wishuluck (233)
• Lithuania
I usually iron the clothes just after i wash it, and hang it in the wardrobe as I hate doing it in the morning before going to work..
@mariechin (428)
I only iron my clothes when I need to use it. or sometimes, when i'm in the mood and Im fixing my closet, I iron them all hehehehe..
I have quite a a closet, and its difficult to get dressed in the morning. So sometimes, when I'm extremely out of myself, I do wash once a week and iron them the next day. However, more often than not I still find myself ironing the ones i feel like wearing in the morning. It is still a challenge to have everything ironed out and not be stressed in the morning. I wish there is just a gadget for easy ironing..
@illfavors (592)
I never ever iron. I just don't do it. I guess I really don't have to since I work in my pajamas and my husband just has a uniform shirts he wears so it's really not a necessity in my house.