tv: how much to pay now to watch it?

Do you remember when tv was free? I wonder how much people are paying now to have television service. I live in California and use Comcast. We have a very basic package and it still costs us over $50.00 a month. It just galls me to pay this bill every month.
@shibham (17025)
Hi, we have to choice some monthly packages to watch several channets. I am enjoying a package worth rs 250 or nearly 6$ to view 110 channels. Lol
@ajithlal (14568)
I would suggest you to go for DTH if you are looking for lesser channels or regional packs. It starts with Rs 150 per month. Long time ago, Sun direct was available at Rs 75 per month now it is around Rs 150 per month.
We have a digital package which cost around $53 until Time Warner basically doubled the cost 2 months ago. We are seriously thinking of going back to the basic 18 stations with them, or getting rid of it altogether. Trouble is we have older TV sets so would have to buy digital converter boxes, so no TV is free anymore.
Still, with a converter box, you have a one-time charge not a recurring one. I too have an older tv and am thinking about a converter box.
@ajithlal (14568)
The cost of cable TV is Rs 250 in my place. It was initially Rs 180 and then increased to Rs 220 and had been for Rs 220 for a long period of time. I am using asianet digital cable.
@sassy28 (835)
We live out in the middle of nowhere in South Carolina. We use dish network and our bill is about $85.00 per month. We do get alot of stations, it seems to get the Disney channel or any of the nick channels you have to have the high package. We also have to pay for Charleston's local channels, ABC, NBC, etc. We could choose not to pay for those, but those channels would come of out New York. So for our local news we have to pay. I agree makes me crazy to have to pay it each month.